theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   some idiot... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25857)

reaper0709 13-07-13 09:40 PM

some idiot...

1 Attachment(s)
Was having a nice day until some plank decided to drive into me. Thing that annoys me is we were in traffic doing about 5mph then SMASH. His words were 'sorry i didn't see you'. I mean wtf? Seriously...some people.

Checked over when i got home, everything seems fine. Just a massive crack which i should be able to do something with.
Still quite cheesed off now, anyway rant over lol.

peterzs 13-07-13 09:46 PM

It does make you wonder why so many of our cars get rear ended???

Are they trying to see what make the car is???

Maybe we should drive about with a couple of old tyre hanging off the bumpers, like the old tug boats!!!

Hope you got his number and insurance details.

MG ZS STE 13-07-13 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 314050)

That's at least a CAT C if it went through the insurance. Best off doing it yourself.

reaper0709 13-07-13 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 314055)
That's at least a CAT C if it went through the insurance. Best off doing it yourself.

Yeh that's the plan, just need to get paint etc.

andys1981 13-07-13 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 314050)
It does make you wonder why so many of our cars get rear ended???

Are they trying to see what make the car is???

Maybe we should drive about with a couple of old tyre hanging off the bumpers, like the old tug boats!!!

funny you say that,ive bought 3 zss needing a rear bumper,lol

Supercharged_Z 14-07-13 08:05 AM

Get some cash of tnhe bloke, perhaps the usual 250 excess he would have to pay and sign him a letter you will not pursue him for any more and thats the end of it. Price up a new bumper and add 150 for spray plus fitting etc. Will probably be a 2k claim agaisnt his insurance if written of.

stamford 14-07-13 08:10 AM

As Ross says, get some cash off the 3rd party. I've done this before to save hassle and it helps the guilty party as well but more so stops yours from getting hammered by your own insurers.

tcb 180 14-07-13 08:31 AM

I always have the big rear view mirror habit when in these situations. PRATT didn't see you could = he was texting at the time no doubt.

reaper0709 14-07-13 08:56 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I did say I'll be giving him a ring on Monday so we'll go from there. I have all the details so should be OK.

petet16 14-07-13 09:04 AM

That should repair nicely, I used one of the plastic repair kits of ebay, they come with plastic mesh and a cartridge of the plastic mix, also use some plastic bumper filler to finish off on the outside if needed, it's much more flexible than normal fillers.

Brighton Autopaints is probably not far from you, it's where I get all my paint and fillers from.