theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need a kick up the arse........... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22533)

stamford 05-09-12 12:00 PM

I need a kick up the arse...........

Seriously, I think I do. My zed has been off the road for what feels like months. I cannot remember the last time I drove it in anger or enjoyed it. It is sitting in the front garden looking very sorry for itself, battery is probably dead now, covered in crap as well.

Now I did do some work on it a fair few weeks back but I need to drop the gearbox again and put my old one back in, but you know what I cannot be bothered...............what can I do to pull me out of this? :sad:

Seems I am spending more time on the Discovery lately and getting it ready for the winter ahead. I know I've not been 100% well but I really need to get the ZS lurve back again, help! :console:

The longer it is left the more inclined I am to leave it be!

Insurance is due next month, probably the tax as well.............:sad:

WalkerDnB 05-09-12 12:06 PM

Some one needs to give you a ride in there zs you'll soon want yours back on the road then :)

daytona365 05-09-12 12:12 PM

You need a good dose of ZEDism. Get a ride out in one, look at some pics of your car when it was all 100%. You will get over it, we all love our Zeds too much to leave them to wither.

Enright 05-09-12 12:22 PM

Give it a clean and stick a battery conditioner on it - that may spur you onto greater things.

andy-81 05-09-12 01:27 PM

Bosh!!!!! There's a kick in the arse now get to it and fix that zed!!!! I wanna see that zed up and running you cant be a site owner and not have a working zed, that's a bad example to the rest of us!!!!!

I feel a little ashamed for the harsh comment but you said you needed it. :thumbsup:

zsserbia 05-09-12 01:30 PM

Go on a track day in a disco! You'll find out soon enough where all the fun went...

petet16 05-09-12 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsserbia (Post 270736)
Go on a track day in a disco! You'll find out soon enough where all the fun went...

this^:laugh:

caled 05-09-12 02:48 PM

Fix it. Drive it. ZS love returns. 'nuff said.

grimmy 05-09-12 03:01 PM

Get someone locals to come over and give you hand with it Mick the banter talking about the Zs will bring it back. I have felt the same about mines a few times but a wee local meet and a blether about the car gets me right back into it.
Hope you're feeling better by the way.

Sonic_160zr 05-09-12 03:15 PM

Its a bit of a drive but id be up for lending a hand for an afternoon one sat or sunday to help out. Id be mostly moral support though not massively mechanicly minded but as long as there is someone to show me im ok with a spanner :D.

Cheers,
Matt

petet16 05-09-12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 270761)
Get someone locals to come over and give you hand with it Mick the banter talking about the Zs will bring it back. I have felt the same about mines a few times but a wee local meet and a blether about the car gets me right back into it.
Hope you're feeling better by the way.

This may be what's needed.

welshone 05-09-12 03:56 PM

You've got three options.

1. let it rot.

2. sell it for pennies

3. sort it out and have some fun :D

Only one of these makes sense :)

peterzs 05-09-12 05:17 PM

I'll pop over and we can go for a spin in my ZS.

That will sort you out Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brick wall, silver car, hello officer.

Or have a mini meet and go up to the burger bar, top of Portsmouth.

Did a tunnel run in the tf, that was fun.

Not quite got the hang of the vid bit, with the camera yet. Bank holiday isnt the best time to be running with about 20 other f's and tf's, on the A27. Two tunnels, girly voice was cause I still had the sunglasses on and it went all black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doh!!!!!!!!!!

Just click on to play.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...h_MDG_1913.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...h_MDG_1905.jpg

Did a Southampton Uni open day with one of the grandsons and granddaughter, went into the Empress of Blandings on the way back. Do a fantastic lunch offer. £7.99 for 2 courses, we were going to have a pud, but we were all too stuffed. Have to have a meet there soon.

Always willing to hand the tools to you, but soooooooooooo much easier to get a garage to do it. Know its all about money, but its a pain now working on the cars, fun goes in direct relationship to your age!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MG 53 ZED 05-09-12 05:38 PM

Mini meet as Pete said sounds gud. I'm happy to give you a hand with the ZS (i dunno if i would be any help tho lol)

grimmy 05-09-12 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED (Post 270777)
Mini meet as Pete said sounds gud. I'm happy to give you a hand with the ZS (i dunno if i would be any help tho lol)

Who said?

talkingcars 05-09-12 06:46 PM

I know what you mean Mick, that is why my Maestro is still sitting at my dad's and not outside my house.

A mini meet (with spanners) is a good idea, I'm sure between us we could get a gearbox sorted - is there anything else needing doing?

How about a Sunday morning meet, gearbox swap and then a run up to Hindhead and back?

James

P.S. Pete - didn't know you did the South Coast run - I would have been there if I wasn't in the middle of the bay of Bisque :(

peterzs 05-09-12 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 270785)
Who said?

:p:p:p :-D:-D:-D

peterzs 05-09-12 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 270786)
P.S. Pete - didn't know you did the South Coast run - I would have been there if I wasn't in the middle of the bay of Bisque :(

Stonehenge and Avebury, this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D:-D:-D

Dan1971 05-09-12 07:20 PM

Oh my God ....

Was at work today thinking how I'd have loved a few of you guys around when I did the work on my bumper. Just to have a chat and an extra pair of hands. I'm actually waiting on Sam getting back in touch about his bumper as a replacement for mine so we could do that too .....

We have a "Do stuff" meet. :-D

We nominate a car(s) that need some work and travel to it. Then on arrival, the host provides the coffee/tea/biscuits and together, we "do stuff".

I vote Stamford's ZS as the first "Do stuff" meet. Not handy with anything really, but I can follow orders and I'm free on Sunday .....

grimmy 05-09-12 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 270797)
Oh my God ....

Was at work today thinking how I'd have loved a few of you guys around when I did the work on my bumper. Just to have a chat and an extra pair of hands. I'm actually waiting on Sam getting back in touch about his bumper as a replacement for mine so we could do that too .....

We have a "Do stuff" meet. :-D

We nominate a car(s) that need some work and travel to it. Then on arrival, the host provides the coffee/tea/biscuits and together, we "do stuff".

I vote Stamford's ZS as the first "Do stuff" meet. Not handy with anything really, but I can follow orders and I'm free on Sunday .....

Love it Dan a do stuff meet great idea much better than meeting and hanging around car parks.

Sonic_160zr 05-09-12 08:17 PM

Yea im in! sounds a really good idea.

Cheers,
Matt

stamford 05-09-12 09:29 PM

You know what? This is what I love about this forum, everyone gets behind us all no matter what and offers great advice and help. :D

The missus said the weather's good this weekend, so looks like I'll be starting it and pulling my finger out!

Thanks for the friendly advice and offers for help etc, but I don't want to be dragging you away from your families. I can manage it, just don't enjoy it like I used to!

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Dan1971 06-09-12 07:21 AM

Mrs and the kids are going to the Olympics on Sunday so I really don't mind pal ... Give me something to do. It's either that or I paint my wheels.

stamford 06-09-12 07:23 AM

Fancy a drive down then? Paint them here ;) I'll get the missus to get some BBQ food.................... :fishing:

Nobrainer 06-09-12 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 270871)
Mrs and the kids are going to the Olympics on Sunday so I really don't mind pal ... Give me something to do. It's either that or I paint my wheels.

If they have a day ticket, find out when gb are playing and get in early. Atmosphere is amazing when they are on, not so great for the other teams though. Basketball was great.

Jay-ZS+ 06-09-12 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 270834)
You know what? This is what I love about this forum, everyone gets behind us all no matter what and offers great advice and help. :D

The missus said the weather's good this weekend, so looks like I'll be starting it and pulling my finger out!

Thanks for the friendly advice and offers for help etc, but I don't want to be dragging you away from your families. I can manage it, just don't enjoy it like I used to!

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I have an old belt, not quite a kick up the arse but may help get you working :whip: :thumbsup:

Dan1971 06-09-12 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 270873)
Fancy a drive down then? Paint them here ;) I'll get the missus to get some BBQ food.................... :fishing:

Why the hell not - got some rattle can paint and some wire wool and while they are drying could get dirty with the gearbox ... ?

Dan1971 06-09-12 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobrainer (Post 270874)
If they have a day ticket, find out when gb are playing and get in early. Atmosphere is amazing when they are on, not so great for the other teams though. Basketball was great.

Not a day ticket - final of the football I think and then they get kicked out for the closing ceremony ....

stamford 06-09-12 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 270879)
Why the hell not - got some rattle can paint and some wire wool and while they are drying could get dirty with the gearbox ... ?

Entirely up to you Dan. I'll check to make sure what day is best Sat or Sun. I think I was planning on Sat as swmbo may have plans for Sun. Will revert back in due course ;)

stamford 06-09-12 09:21 AM

Okay, it'll be Sunday as Saturday is busy, so works for me :D

Dan1971 06-09-12 09:26 AM

Done - see you Sunday then ....

Actually just got a refund on the insurance for the BMW, and sold some tickets for a show I can't go to, so may pick up some other wheels later this week, so it might just be sorting out your motor - We'll see...

All good though .... :soldiers:

stamford 06-09-12 09:36 AM

Not to worry if you can't or decide not to, it'll save you fuel as a fair way to come down isn't it?

Dan1971 06-09-12 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 270886)
Not to worry if you can't or decide not to, it'll save you fuel as a fair way to come down isn't it?

Fancy a run and a day out anyway ..... If you can't be arsed - tough - I'm kicking it into action.

ZS 06-09-12 10:25 AM

Dan, Appologies for not getting back to you! if your down anyway on Sunday then pop over to mine for a few mins and we can sort you out :) :smart: (Even if it is just the other fog light... lol)

Mick, If there is anything you need you just have to shout :) if its a hand I will see what I can do about child care, always better when there are two pairs of hands and much more enjoyable!

p_b82 06-09-12 10:51 AM

Sounds like you have had the kck you needed - Good luck with now getting it sorted and getting the love back.....

mines' currently getting a few niggles sorted - and is due the dreaded MOT... (pretty sure that one of the niggles is a MOT fail as well :S)

stamford 06-09-12 10:57 AM

I'm doing it! The days been put aside and the missus is fed up with me being miserable :laugh:

Saturday will be catch up on other jobs day, Sunday is zed day :thumbsup:

Sonic_160zr 06-09-12 11:54 AM

Good to hear that your getting it sorted, or at least starting to get it sorted, should deffo have a fix it meet though. Im not about this weekend but most weekends are free for me, so would be willing to help out where I can.

Cheers,
Matt

daytona365 06-09-12 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 270803)
Love it Dan a do stuff meet great idea much better than meeting and hanging around car parks.

Thats sounds a bit dodgy.........Hanging around in carparks lol.

daytona365 06-09-12 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 270893)
I'm doing it! The days been put aside and the missus is fed up with me being miserable :laugh:

Saturday will be catch up on other jobs day, Sunday is zed day :thumbsup:

I may be free too, just depends on how much jungle juice i need. PM your postcode so I can work out my mileage...........

This group is better than a session with a shrink. One word of problems and you got friends coming out of the woodwork to help.

stamford 06-09-12 08:14 PM

Pm'd ;)