theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Parts For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TTV ZS180 Lightened Fly and Torsen Type B Gearbox (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31284)

ZS 01-08-17 09:54 AM

TTV ZS180 Lightened Fly and Torsen Type B Gearbox

I have for sale a TTV ZS180 Lightened Fly and Torsen Type B Gearbox

Fly has done under 2000 miles.

Both still fitted to the car (box still has oil in).

Can remove from car or you can remove if you prefer.

Looking for around £350 for the both (As a set)

Anyone interested?

mattie007 01-08-17 03:49 PM

Could be Sam. I'm having difficulty engaging 1st,3rd and 5th gear so may need a new one. It's going for the MOT and service tomorrow so should find out then.

stamford 01-08-17 07:43 PM

I still have one that needs a rebuild. Was going to use a certain someone, but not now!

mattie007 01-08-17 09:54 PM

Yes would have been handy Mick. He worked on my old 120 several times being just up the road from me....

ZS 02-08-17 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 376075)
Could be Sam. I'm having difficulty engaging 1st,3rd and 5th gear so may need a new one. It's going for the MOT and service tomorrow so should find out then.

How did the MOT and Service go?

A thought occurs, it might be the hydraulics or even the release arm at fault, rather than the Gearbox.

If we get a dry day anytime soon (And the Peterbilt has gone from my yard!) then I will happily offer help to see if we can resolve the issue any way you need Mattie :)

Stephen 02-08-17 07:33 PM

I'd have had these for my new 180, if you weren't ages away mate and postage will be a fortune.

mattie007 02-08-17 07:39 PM

Cheers Sam. Went ok and passed eventually :)
Failed on rear offside caliper as expected (seized and then the carrier snapped!)needed new rear discs and pads and the brake line patching up as corroded.
From what we could see the issue with 1st is the flexing of the bracket on the sheddist kit. Nothing major though and goes in eventually!
Ran out of time on the service front as I had to get the car 60 miles back home.
Advisory on front wheel bearing play and wearing on inner front tyres.
The handbrake light flickers every time I go over a bump so may need that looking at.

sneekyparrot 04-08-17 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 376078)
I still have one that needs a rebuild. Was going to use a certain someone, but not now!

i appear to of missed something, has someone been naughty or done a runner?? :no:

P.

ZS 04-08-17 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneekyparrot (Post 376097)
i appear to of missed something, has someone been naughty or done a runner?? :no:

P.

Something like that... not one for open forum I'm afraid :no:

redzed 04-08-17 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 376098)
Something like that... not one for open forum I'm afraid :no:

Why isn't it one for the open forum? We all know who it is and what he's done don't know why there's any secrecy don't need to protect any one who commits those crimes