theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   T16 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31353)

talkingcars 30-10-17 10:34 PM

Sounds like my T16 maestro (when it's on the road).

p_b82 31-10-17 12:24 PM

I love that feeling the first time one floors it in anger in a really fast car..... I equally appreciate the stupid grin and double checking no brown trousers! :D

I wonder what torque the T16 is kicking out - I presume it running a Torsen in it?

In 3rd and upwards (torque limited in 1st & 2nd) mine would give a strong tug if you floored it even with the Quaife, and that's only at around 270lbsft.....

I am slightly concerned what it might be like when we get the turbo on (that is getting closer to occurring now); with current injectors we'll not see much more torque, but there's potential with the experimental ones I've got to see 300+ and a lot still at the top end!

Glad to hear tho that you're enjoying the car :)

ZS 31-10-17 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 376814)
I love that feeling the first time one floors it in anger in a really fast car..... I equally appreciate the stupid grin and double checking no brown trousers! :D

I wonder what torque the T16 is kicking out - I presume it running a Torsen in it?

In 3rd and upwards (torque limited in 1st & 2nd) mine would give a strong tug if you floored it even with the Quaife, and that's only at around 270lbsft.....

I am slightly concerned what it might be like when we get the turbo on (that is getting closer to occurring now); with current injectors we'll not see much more torque, but there's potential with the experimental ones I've got to see 300+ and a lot still at the top end!

Glad to hear tho that you're enjoying the car :)

According to my research it has a Quaiffe diff in it ;)

The torque in the car feels more than the 180, however until I am 100% happy with the way it runs and stick it on a rolling road, noone will know for sure what it has torque/power wise. I know this engine kicked out 260Bhp in the 420, before it was transplanted to the ZS, so quietly am hoping for a higher figure now ;)

ZS 31-10-17 03:19 PM

Some research for today...

7 years ago, when it was built by AMW Motorsport (Then called AA Motorsport) the engine spec was standard internals, gt28 turbo, Cookie downpipe, Pulsar fmic, 14psi, Mongoose exhaust and decat, Brembo 4 Pot calipers and bigger front discs, Radtec alloy rad and twin fans and a ITG cold air box.

The interior has changed, fitting heated seats, mk1 ZS Red Monaco seat covers, rear headrests, electric front and rear windows.

Suspension mods: zs180 front and rear arb's, poly bushed arb's, Bilstein shocks and Eibach xpower springs - 25mm drop.

Between then and it coming into my ownership it has had a Sports Cat added and Exhaust changed to a duel exit with Clio Diffuser. It has also had an Alloy cam cover and oil cap, custom made for it and fitted.

Found a picture of the 420 the engine came from too: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...pse3f904bf.jpg

I will update this thread, as I find things, to keep all info in one place :)

jc600 31-10-17 10:19 PM

Will be keeping an eye on this thread, looks like it's going to be good. :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

ZS 14-11-17 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Annoyingly...

Attachment 6088

The gear selector steady rod has fallen off the gearbox :(

Luckily not too bad a fix, once I find the appropriate bolt and dished washer... annoying all the same though!

p_b82 14-11-17 12:17 PM

Oh dear :(

hopefully not too much of an issue getting it and yourself back home/work!

ZS 14-11-17 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 376936)
Oh dear :(

hopefully not too much of an issue getting it and yourself back home/work!

I opted for AA to take me home, then carried on to work in the 180 :)

Also just purchased the bolt and washer from Rimmer Brothers, and a short shift from Dark Ice... Contemplating the link upgrade, but think i will get under first and see if its needed :)

Skillen 14-11-17 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 376937)
I opted for AA to take me home, then carried on to work in the 180 :)

Also just purchased the bolt and washer from Rimmer Brothers, and a short shift from Dark Ice... Contemplating the link upgrade, but think i will get under first and see if its needed :)

Got a shortshifter on mine now. It’s a good mod. Really reduced the throw.
I also did the joint replacement too along with the bushes. It’s like a different shift now. Much more positive.

ZS 15-11-17 06:32 PM

Car is repaired :) and I can select gears again :trampoline:

However... I have a coolant leak :(

Its coming from whatever is under the alternator... water pump at a guess? Not looked to close as its pitch black and saw it by torchlight :)