theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Smokey's site track day car (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Site track car - "The Rebuild" - Bodies required! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24258)

peterzs 07-02-13 07:25 PM

Might pay to take photo's on the phone as you unplug and remove everything, loads of electrical connectors/plugs. They all should flop back down and be obvious, but if you have a pic, it takes the gamble away.

Breaker bar, so you dont do in the socket ratchet.

Few containers so you can label up the nuts and bolts, so you dont have to guess what goes where. Ice cream containers etc. Or strong plastic bags.

Seems a bit nit picky, but makes it easier to reassemble, it will all make sense when you are undoing it, putting it back........................ Less you have some guys that have done it before!!

grimmy 07-02-13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 295419)
Might pay to take photo's on the phone as you unplug and remove everything, loads of electrical connectors/plugs. They all should flop back down and be obvious, but if you have a pic, it takes the gamble away.

Breaker bar, so you dont do in the socket ratchet.

Few containers so you can label up the nuts and bolts, so you dont have to guess what goes where. Ice cream containers etc. Or strong plastic bags.

Seems a bit nit picky, but makes it easier to reassemble, it will all make sense when you are undoing it, putting it back........................ Less you have some guys that have done it before!!

Strong plastic bags are being used pete with plenty of sticky labels courtesy of my missus.
off to look at what I can "borrow" from work that will substitute as a breaker bar and pics are going to be taken as a matter of course as blair wants to do a how to on this.just hope our enthusiasm doesn't out weigh our ability lol.

Smokey 07-02-13 08:51 PM

Well we certainly have plenty of enthusiasm!

Grimmy, are the bags/labels at Marcus' place or shall I find an alternative as I strip the bay tomorrow?

grimmy 07-02-13 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 295434)
Well we certainly have plenty of enthusiasm!

Grimmy, are the bags/labels at Marcus' place or shall I find an alternative as I strip the bay tomorrow?

They were left up there mate.what time you going up?

Smokey 07-02-13 09:24 PM

Should be there around 10/11am

peterzs 08-02-13 09:42 AM

Good luck guys, pity its so far up to you, take it easy, and remember its a heavy old lump.

Fingers and anything else out the way when you start lifting, if it goes jump out the way!!!

Hope the weather is kind to you.

Stephen 08-02-13 10:00 AM

Il see you guys tomorro, by the time im finished work and head up yous will be finishing up.

Stephen :)

Maxxed_Ross 08-02-13 04:32 PM

Im having to go back up to aberdeen again... sorry lads

talkingcars 08-02-13 05:58 PM

I had a thought this morning, rig up a web cam and stream a live broadcast............
or just record it and compress it into a 3 minute video for you tube.