theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Back to the garage (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4380)

Craig 11-06-08 08:31 AM

Back to the garage

Just dropped my car off at the garage again. It was in last week getting the drive belts done. It also needed a rubber mount which they couldnt get delivered in time. So Its getting fitted today. I can notice a difference since the belts were done. The guy at the garage told me today that one was out by 1 tooth and another by 2. I have hardly driven it since I got it back due to the mount needding replaced. So looking forward to getting it back today \nd going for a nice drive :)

stamford 11-06-08 01:17 PM

I find that hard to believe, 1 tooth and 2 teeth out, so it's been like that since new? :hmmm: Surely it wouldn't run too well no matter how much the ecu adapted itself....................site experts please chip in! ;)

I bet you can't wait to have a play :D

Craig 11-06-08 01:32 PM

Just back with it :) Its running a lot smoother. I did have a slightly lumpy idle before. Which I did think was strange for a V6. Seems like a bit more poke too :) Need to fit new caf to really see how it is. I removed the old one that went to the n/s spotlight hole. So atm the filters at the end of the TB drawing in lots of hotair.

The guy was very helpful, had a good natter about MGR. I will def take my car back to them, I feel happier knowing they were MGR dealers for many years

dave87 11-06-08 02:28 PM

which garage was it that you got the car worked on

Craig 11-06-08 02:37 PM

David Bryson in Prestwick

dave87 11-06-08 03:47 PM

thats where i bought mine. Personally i am not sure about them. The guy i always took my car to who is a family friend found loose joints and a leaky sump. Brysons tells me nothing is wrong. hmm.

Craig 11-06-08 05:56 PM

funny you should mention that. Just spent an hour in the garage again. Took my little girl out for a while and after about a mile I was getting bad vibrations whenever I went round a left handed corner.They have now fixed it but I am not too happy considering it was taken for a test drive before I got it back.

XPCobra 11-06-08 07:15 PM

just another reason why i'll be doing my belts myself

RalphG 11-06-08 07:27 PM

I assume that this is the second cam belt change that has been done on the car. Having recently watched one of our engineers doing a belt change on the KV6 I can see why your engine was probably mis-timed on the rear belts. It is very easy to do if you don't know what you're doing!

XPCobra 11-06-08 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. (Post 56159)
I assume that this is the second cam belt change that has been done on the car. Having recently watched one of our engineers doing a belt change on the KV6 I can see why your engine was probably mis-timed on the rear belts. It is very easy to do if you don't know what you're doing!

so don't take your car to EMS :p

only kidding