theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A3 Hindhead Tunnel....sweet! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18003)

stamford 08-08-11 09:00 PM

A3 Hindhead Tunnel....sweet!

Did the aforementioned on the way home from work tonight. OMFG!!!

:mbounce:

There was me thinking it'll be speed restricted what with those average speed cameras at each end and what do I find? National speed limit :w00t: By this time I am down to 50mph and see the sign, bliss and I drop it to third and floor it. Fanbloodytastic! My zed sounds ace, windows down. God I am such a kid! :laugh:

Do it, do it , do it!

Might I add the tunnel is an engineering marvel and cuts loads of a journey, great work!

peterzs 08-08-11 09:09 PM

Only added 50 miles to the trip home, but worth it by the sound of it Mick.

:yay::yay::fun::fun::fun:

stamford 08-08-11 09:15 PM

Funny that Peter but it took nearly 15mins off the trip home, or maybe I was going a little quicker than normal? :whistle:

Might do that some more :D

daytona365 08-08-11 09:32 PM

Boys and their toys lol...........

stamford 08-08-11 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 218139)
Boys and their toys lol...........

:yes:

mattie007 08-08-11 10:34 PM

Sounds great! Will have to detour on my next visit to Southampton!
The dartford tunnel is equally pleasing!

carmadbaker 09-08-11 05:48 AM

bloody whipper snappers :P cant say i blame you though!!
V6's in tunnels is possibly the best sound in the world! now its open i may take a little trip there myself :D

sarah 09-08-11 08:37 AM

Awesome!!

Andy's like that in the M3, any tunnel we go through he floors it just to hear it growl lol..

Mr ZS180 09-08-11 08:54 AM

Glad to hear that that feeling never leaves as you get then mick lol.

When a group of us take a trip to Southend there's usually about 6 or so cars and as we go round the M25 there's 2 tunnels we have to pass through so we take all 3 lanes, slow down and back up traffic a bit, windows down, then boot it into the entrance to the tunnels, (obviously observing all speed limits and being safe at all times). The roar is incredible!!

peterzs 09-08-11 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr ZS180 (Post 218175)
Glad to hear that that feeling never leaves as you get then mick lol.

When a group of us take a trip to Southend there's usually about 6 or so cars and as we go round the M25 there's 2 tunnels we have to pass through so we take all 3 lanes, slow down and back up traffic a bit, windows down, then boot it into the entrance to the tunnels, (obviously observing all speed limits and being safe at all times). The roar is incredible!!

Sounds like a PLAN, a good one.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: