theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Run Out Of Fuel (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17131)

Bobdope2002 26-05-11 02:18 PM

Run Out Of Fuel

Im sure ive run out of petrol but ill explain symptoms

Struggled to start
then once started it was hunting all over the place
managed get it into my garage at home and it died
now it starts runs for a few seconds and dies

dropped ?4.50 worth of fuel in and it still wont run whats the min to get one running if it is fuel??

grimmy 26-05-11 02:19 PM

it's F"?CKed

Bobdope2002 26-05-11 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 209619)
it's F"?CKed

haha

Touche

grimmy 26-05-11 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 209620)
haha

Touche

Couldn't resist. has it maybe drew crap into the filter hear about that quite often

Bobdope2002 26-05-11 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 209621)
Couldn't resist. has it maybe drew crap into the filter hear about that quite often

TBH its done it a few times where its taken a few turns to get it going im hoping its just fuel TBH as ive only filled it 2-3 times with petrol since ive had it and with using LPG its never been on the top of my list

ive read on here it takes like ?20-30 get em going again

stamford 26-05-11 02:50 PM

I can't see where it needs so much fuel to get it going? I've ran mine so close to the limit on so many occassions, well past the light coming on and near on 30 miles in! Still started! Maybe my tank sensor is not calibrated and there's more juice in there then I think there is?

Do the LPG set-ups only start using petrol then switchover to gas once it is running? Is this automatic? Just wondering if there is a solenoid not actuating causing it to start in gas mode? What set-up do you have on your zed as I am not familiar with LPG systems as a whole?

Bobdope2002 26-05-11 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 209623)
I can't see where it needs so much fuel to get it going? I've ran mine so close to the limit on so many occassions, well past the light coming on and near on 30 miles in! Still started! Maybe my tank sensor is not calibrated and there's more juice in there then I think there is?

Do the LPG set-ups only start using petrol then switchover to gas once it is running? Is this automatic? Just wondering if there is a solenoid not actuating causing it to start in gas mode? What set-up do you have on your zed as I am not familiar with LPG systems as a whole?

it starts on petrol once it hits a set temperture then the gas kicks in automatically

cant see it being a problem with the kit if it is im screwed the company is based in wales and im pretty sure it wanna be covered under warranty because its changed owners

ive read on here many a time that theyre 180s once out of fuel take loads get them going again

stamford 26-05-11 03:00 PM

Running out of fuel isn't the end of the world unless your tank is full of crap. I cannot see why they are problematic as once the fuel has been scavenged it will pressurize quickly. The only bitch I have come across has been my own TD5 Land Rover, that is a cow to prime and get going again!

Bobdope2002 26-05-11 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 209627)
Running out of fuel isn't the end of the world unless your tank is full of crap. I cannot see why they are problematic as once the fuel has been scavenged it will pressurize quickly. The only bitch I have come across has been my own TD5 Land Rover, that is a cow to prime and get going again!

just getting it to the petrol station is the problem my neighbour has one of those massive jerry cans i might have to borrow it off him for an hour

hope and prey that gets it going again and get the fuel filter changed at another time

stamford 26-05-11 03:07 PM

Just make sure the neck of the jerry can fits the fuel filler ;) Otherwise make sure you have a funnel with a long neck!