theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My zs 160 vvc (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22723)

BUCKYDEVIL 20-09-12 04:13 PM

My zs 160 vvc

finally it’s time for me to reveal what engine conversion I went with
Firstly well done to those who guessed correctly- 1st place is Dan, well done mate
Also Walker,Lawrence & Fred who all suggested the 160VVC.
My car is now running a 160 VVC & the conversion is a nice tidy job.

Massive :thankyou: to Goldie who had this job to do during moving to new unit and had a busted back, appreciate all the updates and teaching me about what’s required with the conversion.

Car runs really well & reckon I will be running it for a good while now as I was starting to lose interest in it and very nearly trading it in & leaving the scene, so a few goodies have been ordered and a little tlc will be given to it, couple of silly little Gremlins to iron out, MOT was passed today with no problems, car pulls really well & rip from exhaust when putting the foot down is very addictive
Anyone looking to do a conversion then I fully recommend to contact Goldie.

Maxfly 20-09-12 04:48 PM

Excellent sturff Marcus, was actually hunting for this thread a few days ago when your old engine went up for sale haha. Bet yer like a kid in a sweetie shop the noo wi it haha:D

mattie007 20-09-12 04:54 PM

Nice one, I am tempted by something similar!
How does it compare to the 110?

BUCKYDEVIL 20-09-12 04:56 PM

No so much a sweetie shop Gary, seen lot's of Esso shops lately.
Fed up of rainy nights as want to get out & enjoy a drive,

BUCKYDEVIL 20-09-12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 273589)
Nice one, I am tempted by something similar!
How does it compare to the 110?

Compared to my 110 when it was standard is unbelievable,
And it just pulls so much more torque than my 110 modded engine,
Really feels like a different car now.

Maxfly 20-09-12 05:05 PM

Be interesting to have some sort of back to back with one of the 180's down there, see what folk felt, as lighter engine should mean it handles with the same sharpness as when it was a 110 compared to the heavier kv6 but with closer matched power output could make it very interesting:D

BUCKYDEVIL 20-09-12 05:12 PM

I will be doing at least 1 Knockhill night with it Gary but prob not till Next yrar.when Smokey has the track car running also, Hopefully have a few other engine mods on it by then also.
Reckon with twists on Knockhill it could be very close with a 180,
not so sure about the long straight though..
My Xpower spring & 180 brake setup compliment the 160 engine,
loads of fun at roundabouts, just darts in & fires out ( bit like me with my Mrs)

Maxfly 20-09-12 05:24 PM

Ah, now i see...I thought it was that your favourite film was gone in 60 seconds but understand properly now ;) :D

grimmy 20-09-12 05:29 PM

I can confirm this is a worthy conversion it pulls like a bloody train nice one on the mot mate and well done Goldie,the vvc is a n excellent conversion and having seen it done I would consider a downgrade if the kv6 gave up on me.

stamford 20-09-12 07:12 PM

Sounds like a good job, keep us updated on how you got on with it as this could be a good benchmark. If it is not a problem from Goldie it would be good to have a write up on what was done so others can assess whether to do the same.