theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help needed!? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=21947)

Taphouse 15-07-12 11:02 AM

Help needed!?

I keep toying with selling up, and getting something a little more old school, as I only use the zed once a week, so it just sits in the garage. Problems is 180's are worth nothing atm. I would want somewhere near £2300 for mine which is well over priced when your looking at ebay/pistonhead etc How much is it worth with my spec?

So then I think I'll break it, then I would get somewhere near that money for it, but what a hassel!! How quickly could I expect to break and sell all the bits?

I dont know what to do! I am thinking of going back to a 90's hot hatch, RS turbo fiesta/XR2/205gti......

Here is the spec:

piper 270 cams and verniers
Reidy remap (210bhp)
inner wing filter
decat
piper exhaust
janspeed manifolds
lightweight flywheel
AVO coilovers
quaiff diff
fully polybushed shell
upper and lower rear braces
parada spec 2 tyres
Compomotive mo5's with new falken tyres
braided hoses
Flocked Dash
Alacantra interior
Loz- custom gauges- with pro comp gauage (imported from the US)
Sony CD player MP3- focal speakers in the rear.

Help please!

petet16 15-07-12 11:28 AM

It's a good spec, would be a shame to break it but as you say you would definitely get more for the parts than the car as a whole.

MG 53 ZED 15-07-12 11:45 AM

Keep it in a few years the ZS will be old skool aswell, plus with those specs to nice to break.

POMPSKI 15-07-12 12:15 PM

I take it you are on about the Mk1? That is a superb spec model its insane to think you cant even get £2300 for it. Break it, then I can buy some stuff off you :)

talkingcars 15-07-12 12:33 PM

Advertise it and include the line "swap for 90's hatch - money either way".

But will you drive the new car any more often?

talkingcars 15-07-12 12:35 PM

Also you can mention that it was in Safety First - sept 2011 in the report about Zed10.

Dan1971 15-07-12 01:55 PM

If you fancy a change fair enough. I'd love an RST.

You might get that for it if someone comes along and appreciates the spec.

LozMachine 15-07-12 02:40 PM

;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED (Post 263320)
Keep it in a few years the ZS will be old skool aswell, plus with those specs to nice to break.

I agree, infact I think the MK1 zs is old school already, just have to wait for the market to realise that! Don't think it would look out of place at any Retro car show do you?

andy-81 15-07-12 05:34 PM

i think its cruel to break it, once you have you'll wish you didnt. I would keep it

stamford 15-07-12 07:38 PM

A real shame to break it but needs must. Worth £2300 but the market says otherwise. One day the ZS will be mentioned in the same breath, that I am sure of. I've been there many times before and owned nice cars and years after had seen them regarded as 'in' and worth a few bob. I'm sure you will recoup the monies back from breaking it due to the parts you have fitted but you may be left with a few due to high costs. People will want all for next to nothing these days.