theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   gutted (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12891)

andys1981 05-07-10 04:28 PM

gutted

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/attachme...1&d=1278347100

BUCKYDEVIL 05-07-10 04:31 PM

OHHH No Andy,,,, So sorry for ya mate... you ok ?

andys1981 05-07-10 04:33 PM

aye am fine just broken hearted,it was kel last nite,she was reversing,and her foot slipped off the clutch,and went via a pole

BUCKYDEVIL 05-07-10 04:37 PM

Dont know what to say to ya Andy, I know how I would feel if it was me..
Hope Kel is OK ? She must be feeling terrible just now .

Ritchy 05-07-10 04:40 PM

oh no! gutted for ye bud! at least everyones alright bar the car, there really soft at the back end:(

andys1981 05-07-10 04:40 PM

shes ok mate,a cant stop looking at it,just glad shes ok,she was pretty shaken,still a bit quiet,hope its no a write off,but its no looking promising

Ritchy 05-07-10 04:42 PM

i think it will be writeoff unfrotunatly mat:( the wings are on ebay but a lot of money best just buying another one and swapping all the bits onto it

andys1981 05-07-10 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 160891)
oh no! gutted for ye bud! at least everyones alright bar the car, there really soft at the back end:(

yeah ave noticed ritchy,either be tonight or tomorrow it goes for its check

BUCKYDEVIL 05-07-10 04:43 PM

Write off for damage could be very likely, but you could buy it back.

andys1981 05-07-10 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 160894)
i think it will be writeoff unfrotunatly mat:( the wings are on ebay but a lot of money best just buying another one and swapping all the bits onto it

yeah thats what a was thinking too,if it is a wont even get a courtesy car,bollocks like

BUCKYDEVIL 05-07-10 04:43 PM

Whats the full damage as far as you can tell ?

andys1981 05-07-10 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL (Post 160896)
Write off for damage could be very likely, but you could buy it back.

need to have money first mate lol

andys1981 05-07-10 04:47 PM

no sure mate,theres just a wee dent in the after the bumper at the spare wheel part but theres a crease on the back wing at bottom of windscreen,thats whats making me think shes a goner eh

Ritchy 05-07-10 04:47 PM

theyll just take the money off your settlement fee, which will be like ?300 theyll probably sell you it for, so theyll take 300 off the grand n a bit youll probably get back, get an unmoested one at a 52 53 plater under a grand easily, swap all the bits over you want grills ect, sell all the other bits breaking, then get ?60 or so for weighing it in, you probably wont end up out of pocket out of it, maybe insurance will go up slightly next year but these things happen unfortunatly:(

andys1981 05-07-10 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 160901)
theyll just take the money off your settlement fee, which will be like ?300 theyll probably sell you it for, so theyll take 300 off the grand n a bit youll probably get back, get an unmoested one at a 52 53 plater under a grand easily, swap all the bits over you want grills ect, sell all the other bits breaking, then get ?60 or so for weighing it in, you probably wont end up out of pocket out of it, maybe insurance will go up slightly next year but these things happen unfortunatly:(

coul be a plan as a say,i will wait and see what ins say then go from there

Bobdope2002 05-07-10 04:51 PM

gutted man the ZS rear end is proper crap

One lesson dont let women drive 180's :p

Nah seriously hope shes ok mate

Ritchy 05-07-10 04:55 PM

well you could fix it, but would it ever be right thats what you have to ask yourself, front end id probably fix but thats like pretty envolved welding cutting matching there, need new rear quater, new floor bootlid, bumper plus painting and labour itll be like ?4000, ?5000 a an insurance workshop, could get it done for less but still well over a grand

theyre cheap to pick up just now so just think every cloud has a silver lining and make sure you get good money for it because you just had the engine overhauled didnt you;)

andys1981 05-07-10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 160907)
well you could fix it, but would it ever be right thats what you have to ask yourself, front end id probably fix but thats like pretty envolved welding cutting matching there, need new rear quater, new floor bootlid, bumper plus painting and labour itll be like ?4000, ?5000 a an insurance workshop, could get it done for less but still well over a grand

theyre cheap to pick up just now so just think every cloud has a silver lining and make sure you get good money for it because you just had the engine overhauled didnt you;)

am trying ritchy but,just canny snap out it eh,ave no done anything recently to the engine bud

Ritchy 05-07-10 05:02 PM

if you tell them the car was in good working order, everything perfect before the accident ect youl get more money out them, can always say your not happy with there offer make sure you search piston heads ebay ect show them adverts that have a good price for them at the same age

i know how gutted you are mate i front ended mine not that badly into a vectra, needed new bumper crash bar headlights ect was absolutely fuming,

andys1981 05-07-10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 160909)
if you tell them the car was in good working order, everything perfect before the accident ect youl get more money out them, can always say your not happy with there offer make sure you search piston heads ebay ect show them adverts that have a good price for them at the same age

yeah the car was fine been a great servant,aww am so gutted,unbeleavable,a will do ritchy thanks for the info mate,appreciate it

andys1981 05-07-10 05:10 PM

just had a phone call cars going in half an hour,fingers crossed hope shes not as bad,as she looks

Ritchy 05-07-10 05:16 PM

good luck car

Stephen 05-07-10 05:19 PM

Aww sorry to hear mate! Just after seeing it look soo good on thursday!

Hope it works out for the best!

andys1981 05-07-10 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 160913)
Aww sorry to hear mate! Just after seeing it look soo good on thursday!

Hope it works out for the best!

me too mate!

Craig 05-07-10 05:36 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It looks fcuked mate. With the previous history I think its a 100% write off. Buy it back and strip it. The engined gotta be worth a fair bit considering the belts were done

ThumpJunkie 05-07-10 05:44 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

bmm87 05-07-10 05:44 PM

i've got some blue t-cut if its any use?!

andys1981 05-07-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 160916)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It looks fcuked mate. With the previous history I think its a 100% write off. Buy it back and strip it. The engined gotta be worth a fair bit considering the belts were done

yeah thats what am thinking anaw bud

Steves Cleenz 05-07-10 07:02 PM

BUY IT BACK!! dont accept the first offer they give you, make sure they know about all the extra's the car has, (sunroof on mine got an extra ?200 lol) as it adds value, that will get wrote off, but looking at the photos that will be a pretty straight forward fix, new rear panel is only ?180, the dent in the rear quarter will pretty much go when you take the rear panel off as they are soft as **** lol, the dent in my rear quarter pretty much went and that was just from pulling by hand when the rear panel was off, mine was a harder smack that that aswell as i had no door gap, i reckon if you took the bumper off then you could kick the rear panel straight again, they are that soft, if not then you could get a scissor jack in ther and push it out, you will be suprised at how quick that would go right again, but i would buy it back and repair it and then just drive it untill it dies, you got to think you have had all the belts done (makes sure the insurance know about this and the cost ) so its going to last another 90k, the way i look at my car now is that it owes me sweet FA

Craig 05-07-10 07:07 PM

I could fone the garage that did the belts mate. If you need proof.

MG6Turbo 05-07-10 07:55 PM

Do what Steve Cleenz said.

I helped Steve after his car got hit, and got him a courteousy car and he and his family got some decent compo.

If they do think about repairing it, feel free to give the bodyshop my number, as we can supply the parts to fix NEW !

G

andys1981 05-07-10 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovermgparts (Post 160959)
Do what Steve Cleenz said.

I helped Steve after his car got hit, and got him a courteousy car and he and his family got some decent compo.

If they do think about repairing it, feel free to give the bodyshop my number, as we can supply the parts to fix NEW !

G

thanks mate thats good to know

andys1981 05-07-10 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 160945)
I could fone the garage that did the belts mate. If you need proof.

if i need to mate,that would be great,ave never had to make a claim,so am pretty clueless wi all this eh,am dreading the phone call,but gotta get on with it eh!

stamford 05-07-10 09:28 PM

Oh shit, good job she's okay, but sickenng all the same. One reason why the wife is not a named driver on my policy!

ThumpJunkie 05-07-10 09:30 PM

Hope it gets sorted Andy, looking doubtful for SMC regardless :(

Alan.F 05-07-10 09:48 PM

sorry to see this m8 know how you are feeling right now with my car suffering a similar thing a ew weeks ago but i dont wish to put a downer on it but mine was made a CAT B which means you cannot buy it back unless you have a breakers licence. Damage was priced at ?4500

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/IMG_1629.jpg

Maxfly 05-07-10 10:10 PM

**** nooo, gutted for ye Andy min :( hopefully you can maybe get her fixed up, don't look quite as sever as yours Alan, so there is hope!!

KevG 05-07-10 10:17 PM

Oh Feck Andy, Dont be to hard on Kel, things happen!

If your insurance do offer the chance to buy it back then do so:
  • Fix it
  • Break It
  • Track It

peterzs 05-07-10 10:18 PM

Sorry to see the car bashed up, think I would buy a bunch of flowers and tell Kel not to worry, not her fault and I bet she is more gutted than you.

Hope you can sort it and it can get back on the road.

ljr09 06-07-10 08:26 AM

Gutted for you also !!!! but at least your other half is ok thats the most important thing