theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Derv mileage. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17989)

peterzs 07-08-11 04:52 PM

Derv mileage.

After a trip up to Zed 10 last week and a trip out to Athelhampton House, today, thought I would check my mpg.

Left a bit later than planned, so to get to Clacket Lane Services went to the max allowed.

It comes back as 45.00 mpg. but considering it was a fairly fast run up and down, quite pleased.

Have to wait for Dan to check his now and see what the SDi's do.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Bobdope2002 07-08-11 06:03 PM

ive put ?30 of LPG in mine this afternoon which got me about 40 odd litres

gonna see how far this will get me

roverdave81 07-08-11 06:38 PM

derv miles

My derv averaged over a 1000 mile trip which 600 of them where motor way the other 400 round town 51mpg was well please wit that as my 180 2year ago did t same trip an I averaged 29mpg

Dan1971 07-08-11 06:39 PM

Steady figure Pete .... I'll post mine up probably during next week. I'm on 300 at the moment and just over half the guage left but as we all know, it drops quicker on the second half !

peterzs 07-08-11 07:01 PM

LPG seems the way to go, thats until the gov. decides there are too many people going for it. Tax suddenly will bite your ***.

Remember a few years ago derv was a lot cheaper than petrol to get people to run dervs, now they do, derv is dearer than petrol. Takes less to refine it, so why???

I thought I would be 50 + mpg, but I do tend to push the revs up a bit.

Cant wait for your results Dan, might make me fit the SDi's!!!!

:):):)

Bobdope2002 07-08-11 07:22 PM

with these new springs on i have a feeling the LPG with disappear quickly as i wanna hanging about today feels so much more planted on the road

peterzs 07-08-11 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 218025)
with these new springs on i have a feeling the LPG with disappear quickly as i wanna hanging about today feels so much more planted on the road

Reckon you will be back down to the high twenties, but a big grin as well.

Bit like my derv.

:):):):)

Bobdope2002 07-08-11 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 218026)
Reckon you will be back down to the high twenties, but a big grin as well.

Bit like my derv.

:):):):)

doubt it'l be that low lol

im loving it at the min

need the wheels refurbing next (probs black lol)

peterzs 07-08-11 07:45 PM

I'm cr*p at parking!!!! The wheels were all curbed when I bought it and I just add to the damage.

So bad, I painted over all the bashed up rims, but it still looks like a mad axe man has been up them. :axe::axe:

Dont know how some people can keep them like new, know if I had them painted/refurbed they would soon be bashed up!!

Even outside our house, trying to be carefull, cruuuuuuuuuuunch, I know you can look in the mirrors etc. but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobdope2002 07-08-11 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 218028)
I'm cr*p at parking!!!! The wheels were all curbed when I bought it and I just add to the damage.

So bad, I painted over all the bashed up rims, but it still looks like a mad axe man has been up them. :axe::axe:

Dont know how some people can keep them like new, know if I had them painted/refurbed they would soon be bashed up!!

Even outside our house, trying to be carefull, cruuuuuuuuuuunch, I know you can look in the mirrors etc. but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Age :p