theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The MOT thread (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19848)

Adamzs180 08-05-12 09:45 PM

It's not only vosa that can intentionally look for the smallest thing to fail a car on. a few years ago i got a "free" mot test from citroen main dealer for my saxo and the tester failed it because of incorrect headlight beam and the sat nav was mounted to high up the windscreen. To say i was not happy was an understatement. I removed the sat nav and asked if he would give me 5 mins to adjust the beam or if he would adjust it for me. He wouldn't he said i'd have to book in a retest and he was too busy that day and couldn't fit it in for another 9 days. What a coincidence outside of the free retest period. After a few choice words i left the garage and went straight to my regular mechanic who booked me in straight away did the beam adjustment then failed the car on emmisions. This just wasn't my day i thought. To cut a long story short the car no longer lives.

Jem 08-05-12 10:04 PM

Can understand the beam as thats what gets tested but failing it on the sat nav fair enough if it couldn't be moved but im sure they could of been helpful and just took the satnav of the windscreen?

Just a way to try to make money..

Adamzs180 08-05-12 10:48 PM

yeah the tester was a right a**e. it wasn't so much he failed me on the beam, more that he couldn't give me 10 minutes with an allen key just to adjust it. then it would have passed, despite it failing on emmisions just half an hour later at the next garage.

idge2003 10-05-12 02:05 PM

Well I now have another 12 months MOT so think its time to get my new wheels and coilovers on! Also need to go through the garage and sort out all the bits I've collected for it over time!

Brett

peterzs 10-05-12 06:58 PM

Is good when they go through, think most seem to get through first time, without too many advisories.

As you say 12 months fun.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Smokey 10-05-12 07:18 PM

I have mine next week. Have had to sort a few things first so have ordered:
-new plates (previous owner had wrong font)
-swap bulbs as currently HID's
-swap tail lights for originals (no rear reflector on my tinted ones)
-fix fog light LED switches (currently dont show tell-tale light)
-new front disks ordered to be fitted
-new wipers arrived today
-replacing 2 front tyres and buying extra mk2 wheel for damaged one

Hopefully wont need much in the MOT then!

peterzs 10-05-12 07:27 PM

Sounds like fun, hope it all goes easily!!!!!!

:wave::wave::wave:

Smokey 10-05-12 07:39 PM

Like that'll ever happen for me lol!!

peterzs 10-05-12 07:51 PM

Think you deserve some luck!!!!

guru 27-07-12 12:12 AM

Through on the second attempt with just some handbrake and headlight adjustment. Shame the electronics on the car decided to fry shortly after and it only managed about 30 miles after passing :(