theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   newbie hello! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15962)

zsdave 21-02-11 12:23 PM

newbie hello!

hi all from a newbie! i've a mg zs+115TD silver with only 45,000miles so far its been a decent motor, it has a few probs which i put down to bad build quality at the end of production of rovers, i also have a 1993 rover 414si which haas a genuine 7300miles & one previous owner, tthis seems to be bulit far better than the mgzs but the zs has something about it!

i'll post up a few of my probs on mine i need to sort in the apprpriate section cheers all, i'm off to look at other ppls mg's :OP

stamford 21-02-11 12:26 PM

:hi: to the site Dave, get some pics up of the other one too!

peterzs 21-02-11 12:32 PM

Hi Dave great choice of ZS, :hi:

Post away and we will try and help, my ones a derv and I love it.

:yes::yes::yes:

lawrence-zs180 21-02-11 01:11 PM

Hi and welcome Dave, I know your pain with the zed but driving them makes it all seem to go away don't it haha

Nor 21-02-11 01:25 PM

:hi:

zsdave 21-02-11 01:40 PM

mine has a couple of probs, well one is'nt a prob its just the iskes n pas are ue changing all around
i've been looking for a set of drilled disks & pads as a combo offer!
i think the mk2 zstd has vented disks all around does'nt it?

the probs mine has is the turbo seems to have a oil leak :O( i think the leak is coming from the compresser housing which is a bit of a sod!
the ther prob is a slightly weeping pipe from the power steering fluid resovoir, but thats an easy fix-going to just get some silicone pipe to replace the knackered one on it!
oh & the exhaust has a very very slight blow that needs investigating!

it has a few strange scweaks & the odd rattle but my intension is to fix the probs & bring it up to as good standard car then try to get more power out of it

maybe de-bage it, or at least remve the badge's that are just stick on ones!

they seem a good car but the fixtures & fittings seem like they were fitted in a rush-does anyone else think that!

they are a great car on the motorway though! & on long swooping bends, its a drivers car for sure! seems like the mg/rover were trying to convey the driving experiance & skimped the interiour!

once the weather warms up i'll work on it most weekends & do some pics

my rover 414 is going for MOT this week, i have it lowered ALOT! & on stock 14" steelies! & a self made stainless exhaust from the manifold back, its a bog stock 16v 1.4 spi engine
it may get a t16turbo with a t28 & front mount intercooler motor in it i have all the bits but time to get the swap done!!!

any advice on where to get bits for my mgzstd+ & where to get work don in or nr coventry would be great! i'll do brakes etc myself but timing belts/headgaskets i'll leave to the pro's
all advise really appreciated!

i'll try to sort pics asap-just gotta get a phone cable!

Maxfly 21-02-11 06:12 PM

hi and welcome:)

marts66 21-02-11 07:07 PM

greetings

Dan1971 21-02-11 07:22 PM

:wave: Welcome

kkman 21-02-11 09:22 PM

welcome to this great site