theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Icey weather is back. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=26862)

BUCKYDEVIL 22-11-13 07:27 PM

Icey weather is back.

Well as it's now officially back to bollock frozen cold weather I hope everyone stays safe and stays lucky with the not so carefull drivers, usually a nasty tale and pics of the best ZS being wrote off.
Need to get WD on my door seals as couldn't get doors open at work & had the nice rattle of solid ice in spoiler.
On the happier side I went round a huge industrial estate empty car park to practice skid recovery, little things like this make me love the car again.

Stephen 22-11-13 07:33 PM

Returning the jetta in freezing cold conditions isnt great either.

Take care all!!

Also preicer is great. Spray on the night before and wipe clear in the morning ;)

Steven11 22-11-13 08:15 PM

I love scraping ice off the inside of my windscreen !!!

Skillen 22-11-13 08:16 PM

If my heated screen hurries up I won't have to wait too long in the mornings anymore!
Gonna prep it with lots of rain-x before fitting to hopefully stop ice sticking to readily also.

I need two new tyres as well. Became apparent as the understeer around a slow right around a roundabout came into play!

Steven11 22-11-13 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillen (Post 325771)
If my heated screen hurries up I won't have to wait too long in the mornings anymore!
Gonna prep it with lots of rain-x before fitting to hopefully stop ice sticking to readily also.

I need two new tyres as well. Became apparent as the understeer around a slow right around a roundabout came into play!

Might be worth putting winter tyre's on her. They do make a massive difference.

petet16 22-11-13 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven11 (Post 325772)
Might be worth putting winter tyre's on her. They do make a massive difference.

I agree re winter tyres, they work really well on cold wet roads.

Skillen 22-11-13 08:48 PM

I was just gonna go for contisports to match the rears as anything will be better than the budget "autogrips" that are on there.
Suppose I could get the spare 11 spokes wrapped in winter tyres but I had no problems last year and driving through a very snowy Norfolk with the 4 contact 3's on my mk1 hatch.

tcb 180 23-11-13 09:00 AM

Just put the Coopers snow tyres back on the merc for the winter period. Picked up and refurbed some spare wheels.

andys1981 23-11-13 10:30 AM

ive just put 4 tyres on last week so should be fine,just dreading the snow etc

grimmy 23-11-13 11:34 AM

Not enjoying this weather.my tyres are shocking.make nankang ditch finders look like f1 tyres .any sort ofmoisture on the road and I am understeering all over the place my only saving grace is the slippy diff that was fitted last year by Goldie it is certainly getting used at the moment.as for snow it just stays in the garage.as because it's been lowered it works more like a plough than a car if there is any significant snow on the road.