theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ZSTD economy mode (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=6610)

peterzs 27-01-09 08:33 PM

ZSTD economy mode

I bought the TD for economy 52 mpg, after a few tweaks goes a bit quicker but just checked the mpg and getting ----- 34.4.

Still I'm happy as it now goes like it looks. :mml::mml::mml:

I must admit that I,ve turned down one of the gismoes, so will check mileage next time I fill up. :clap::clap::clap:

afcbadam 27-01-09 08:45 PM

peter that is low. the zt boys who run the rover ron you have on there often report they are getting more mpg than standard.

is the car smokey on boot. turning it down should improve things

peterzs 27-01-09 08:47 PM

Hope so :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

stamford 27-01-09 09:12 PM

I can see you getting a 180 Pete, I really do!

Phate 27-01-09 09:18 PM

Was gonna say.

Pete stop fannying around and get yourself a bloody 180. Least you won't get laughed at when it comes to sound tests :D

vinny1979 27-01-09 09:41 PM

muchos respect to the diesel, love it when you cover them in soot, i used to in my " tweaked" 306 d turbo 115 bhp! ha ha ha

peterzs 28-01-09 09:42 AM

Wait till Santa Pod (along as its not raining on the day) I've got Chris's ST in my sights.
Looking at the site you dont need a helmet unless its an open top, or you go over the finish line at more than 110 mph, dont know how you know that if its your first run though.

Also waiting for the rolling road Dan was arranging in Essex, to see what the bhp is now.

I have been looking at the 180 and its very tempting, getting mpg about the same. Must admit it was up and down the M3 and then the Forest meet, and it was going a lot quicker, He He,:clap2::clap2::clap2:

p_b82 28-01-09 10:16 AM

I am intreged by the adjustable gizmo, as i was not aware of any that worked on the ZS...

The only reason your economy is suffering is because you are using your new found torque :)

according to my scangauge with the injectors i have i can get it to read 2MPL, or about 9MPG with full throttle used - but if i am sensible and keep the revs below 3K and use part throttle it still returns 45 at 70+10%.

atm it is returning 0mpg as it is in bits at rally matts - dam these suppliers, i want my car back, and when i do it might just be a 180... but a diesel :D

peterzs 28-01-09 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 87190)
I am intreged by the adjustable gizmo, as i was not aware of any that worked on the ZS... ////This is the Rover Ron MAF thingy with the adjustable knob on the top, instructions say turn it down to the lowest setting but I went about 75% being greedy for speed. Our Workshop manager brought in some gauges to increase the boost +2 psi (or whatever) as +3 made it knock. He then set the MAF thing to about 33% as he said it was overfuelling.

The only reason your economy is suffering is because you are using your new found torque :) /// Yes if its there use it I reckon.

according to my scangauge with the injectors i have i can get it to read 2MPL, or about 9MPG with full throttle used - but if i am sensible and keep the revs below 3K and use part throttle it still returns 45 at 70+10%. /// My need for speed is purely for Track Day or hopefully Santa Pod RW;YB Sunday, but I can see why the fuel consumption is now like it was!!

atm it is returning 0mpg as it is in bits at rally matts - dam these suppliers, i want my car back, and when i do it might just be a 180... but a diesel :D

/// Im sure its in good hands and you will have to let me know if your taking it out on any of the Track Days. Would be fun to see how much more I need to do to my one. Or as I'm advised just buy a 180. :wave::wave::wave:

Phate 28-01-09 12:29 PM

Just buy a bloody 180