theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Really annoyed (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22238)

vanishing days 06-08-12 08:27 AM

Really annoyed

Had been working on my kv6 coffee table over the weekend Sunday afternoon popped up to my mate's to get his steam cleaner 20 minutes later came home out to the garden gone......... dam pikeys

Smokey 06-08-12 08:34 AM

Feck sake!! I am planning on this for the track cars engine. Not sure where to start lol!

That's shocking though, check the local scrappies for it?

vanishing days 06-08-12 08:39 AM

I've contact the police who were actually really helpfull so fingers crossed

Lukeus101 06-08-12 09:11 AM

Sam (ZS) will tell you a similar story in reference to an alloy that belonged to on my 180. If it aint bolted to the floor they will have it

stamford 06-08-12 10:47 AM

I see them drive around our roads looking for scrap, however we know they do this and they know we watch them and many leave unwanted scrap at the end of the driveway for them. These are the decent ones who would not (I hope) enter property.

daytona365 06-08-12 10:51 AM

We get then all the time at work. We had to get a new skip. with a lid and a padlock to stop them taking our metal. Almost all our waste has to be kept under cover now, until its collected by the contractors,

MG ZS STE 06-08-12 11:49 AM

didnt someone on here get a gearbox nicked by the pikies? They were actually working on it in the front garden and just popped round the back to get a tool, came back and gone!

I had a whole exhaust off my old R400 nicked once and id hidden behind the wall. My dad had his electric cement mixer nicked from his front garden too whilst it was mixing!

theboynoz 06-08-12 12:08 PM

Slightly off topic, i just had mty Guinea Pigs knicked! From my wife's school! Bloody arses! Is nothing safe? They even took the cage and the quails! :rant:

MG ZS STE 06-08-12 12:25 PM

This is why i dont encourage the scrap metal thieving bastards. Take the effin vans off'em and stop there benefits

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ne-family.html

tb steve 06-08-12 01:53 PM

there's a scrap man come around sat/sunday morning around waldersalde

andy-81 06-08-12 01:53 PM

Cheeky theiving bast4rds I hope they get found they should do what they used to do a few hundred years ago and chop there bloody hands off!!

carmadbaker 06-08-12 02:25 PM

Medway towns, got to love em :-/ sorry to hear it tho dude

vanishing days 06-08-12 02:42 PM

The most annoying thing is they also stole a screwdriver and a socket set now's there two spaces in my tool kit I'm weird about my tool kit

WalkerDnB 06-08-12 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanishing days (Post 266970)
The most annoying thing is they also stole a screwdriver and a socket set now's there two spaces in my tool kit I'm weird about my tool kit

So its not asiff the thought it might of been scrap they were just stealing every thing. I think they should just ban scrap yards from excepting metal from commercial vehicles with out a licence/permit just like they do at the tip.
then if they had a licence to lose they might think twice.

fastmike 06-08-12 04:41 PM

what I find really annoying is TV shows portraying the Pikeys as cuddly lovable rogues when the truth is they'er nothing but human vermin , thieving off every and anyone, leaving filth behind them when they move on.....they just make my blood boil

talkingcars 06-08-12 06:02 PM

I had 2 gearboxes stolen from my front garden, I had buried them under a massive pile of timber and behind a pile of rubble and they were hidden from veiw, who ever took them had to move lots of stuff to find them.

big_wasa 06-08-12 06:53 PM

I do a fair bit of rewiring work on cars. Building looms from scratch, ecu rewireing ect.

I left 10~15 kg of coper wire on my drive one sunday. You can guess how long that was there.

A full exhaust with cat, took me a month to notice it had gone.

Once they get a sniff its like your on a list. The vans now come around two, three times a week.

Ritchy 06-08-12 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboynoz (Post 266942)
Slightly off topic, i just had mty Guinea Pigs knicked! From my wife's school! Bloody arses! Is nothing safe? They even took the cage and the quails! :rant:

didnt they know guineas arent legal tender anymore....lololol k.o., thats *****!

check the local scraps mate may be lying in a skip, will have got about £10 for it likely. my dad has his g.box buisiness and they came in to his work and picked up a transit gearbox when no one was looking and nicked it, big mark found it in a weigh in yard bought it back off them for £20, it was a £1000 gearbox, dad was livid, police did nothing, absolutley nothing, even after telling them it was found, where it was found, and that it was on cctv

*lukey* 06-08-12 07:37 PM

pikeys once turned up at my work in a van, blaged there way through two security gates, went to the stores, went to the store man and said they was here to pick up some cable, store man drove round to the cable yard and the pikes just pointed to a nice drum of 11kv cable, store man loaded it in to there van, pikes said do you want to sign are paper work, he said no take it to the offices, they just drove off with a nice drum of cable all loaded in to there van for them, must say they had some balls!!

mattie007 07-08-12 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 266944)
This is why i dont encourage the scrap metal thieving bastards. Take the effin vans off'em and stop there benefits

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ne-family.html

Thats awful. Did they ever find the tortoise?
Always get pikeys asking for metal at work, we promptly tell them to **** off but they take it anyway....

theboynoz 07-08-12 11:49 AM

They knicked my mates scooby engine the other week too, fcukers!

MG ZS STE 07-08-12 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 267115)
Thats awful. Did they ever find the tortoise?
Always get pikeys asking for metal at work, we promptly tell them to **** off but they take it anyway....

I don't know, the story was never followed up. it was just to demonstrate the mentality of these scrap metal thieving tossers and i would urge anyone that thinks they’re doing the right thing by putting tat out for them to stop as it only encouraging this kind of illicit activity. They've taken to nicking the led from peoples porches and conservatories round my way now, they're real scum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkerDnB (Post 266974)
So its not asiff the thought it might of been scrap they were just stealing every thing. I think they should just ban scrap yards from excepting metal from commercial vehicles with out a licence/permit just like they do at the tip.
then if they had a licence to lose they might think twice.

Anyone can get a licence, they need to do a few dawn raids on the known (and they are known) scrap metal dealers that ask no questions of the metals origins.

Smokey 07-08-12 12:15 PM

I better watch when I remove my engine then!!

andy-81 07-08-12 05:10 PM

i have a solution!! they should lead a trail of scrap metal right up to the prison yard and then lock the doors behind them!!