theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   custom zs front splitter (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22761)

WalkerDnB 24-09-12 04:46 PM

maybe not then lol

Smokey 24-09-12 04:58 PM

What makes this splitter better than just getting a leon splitter?

Jay-ZS+ 24-09-12 05:18 PM

I contacted them, its £116.50 plus postage + £28 to paint in any colour. It is nice but thats quite a price tag for a splitter!

Have you got any close ups of how it mates up to the bumper

WalkerDnB 24-09-12 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 274276)
What makes this splitter better than just getting a leon splitter?

because the leon splitter looks naff on a zs imo its not wide enough.
but at that price Id rather buy a laguna splitter

POMPSKI 24-09-12 05:45 PM

Group buy means lower price? If so Id love one

WalkerDnB 24-09-12 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POMPSKI (Post 274283)
Group buy means lower price? If so Id love one

depends on how much lower tbh Id love one too but thats far to much
id quite happily paint it myself to get it even cheaper :)

ZS Phil 24-09-12 06:34 PM

looks awesome on your MK2 but Im undecided about the MK1, do you have any better pics of it other than the ones on the site? I just think it might stick out a bit far on the MK1.

talkingcars 24-09-12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS Phil (Post 274293)
looks awesome on your MK2 but Im undecided about the MK1, do you have any better pics of it other than the ones on the site? I just think it might stick out a bit far on the MK1.

Seconded.

stamford 24-09-12 07:16 PM

Previously I have made my own from a section of polycarbonate sheeting, profiled then painted to suit and made some spacers up to make it look BTCC ish.

The featured one looks good but the price is high considering the other options, more close ups would be good so we could see the fit. Would this one be able to sustain car parking kerbs, like front on diagonal type parking bays?

redzed 24-09-12 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS Phil (Post 274293)

its only like that because for racing i pushed it out as much as i could just to get extra downforce, i'll get some better pics done at weekend if Ratech dont do it before me, personally i dont think its too much, it cost me alot more, looks the nuts and it a propoer fit. The leon one doesnt fit right (i used to have it) this one molds the bumper exactly, fits the lip in the middle perfect, provides a bit of downforce and i think look factory done but i biased as i came up with it. anyway check out prices of other reinforced fibreglass splitters like you get on evos etc they are much more.