theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Parts Wanted (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Traffic Master clock (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10210)

ViT 30-11-09 08:22 AM

Traffic Master clock

Really want one.

Looking at £30 for one. If you've one for sale, give me a PM and let me know what you want for it. Cheers

peterzs 30-11-09 09:36 AM

I've got one, not for sale, but I cant see the point in it really.

Unless theres more to them, all it does is tell you when the road ahead is stopped. If you get the traffic updates over the radio you get the info anyway.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Maxfly 30-11-09 02:23 PM

Are you good with electronics?? I have one that has missing segments sitting in the garage. If not that is something to beware of, think a lot go this way:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 129227)
I've got one, not for sale, but I cant see the point in it really.

Unless theres more to them, all it does is tell you when the road ahead is stopped. If you get the traffic updates over the radio you get the info anyway.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

I think it depends on the luck of the draw with locations of the tm sensors, mine has saved me being stuck in queues a few times. But it is of more use when you know the roads round the area your travelling on so you can divert onto them whe you are warned:)

ViT 30-11-09 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 129266)
Are you good with electronics?? I have one that has missing segments sitting in the garage. If not that is something to beware of, think a lot go this way:)

I think it depends on the luck of the draw with locations of the tm sensors, mine has saved me being stuck in queues a few times. But it is of more use when you know the roads round the area your travelling on so you can divert onto them whe you are warned:)

Lol if I have a go at fixing it, I'll probably end up starting the car as I change the time lol

Maxfly 30-11-09 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViT (Post 129276)
Lol if I have a go at fixing it, I'll probably end up starting the car as I change the time lol

lol, i know whit ye mean!! :D

Steves Cleenz 30-11-09 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 129266)

have you tried the clock out recently as when they have missing segments they need resetting, basicly just unplug from the power for 20 mins and then they are fine after that as that what happens to mine now and again as the traffic master clock doesnt like the power drain from starting the car

KevG 30-11-09 08:50 PM

I have one like this too, but it is the flexi carbon paper ribbon that gets fooked

Maxfly 30-11-09 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steves Cleenz (Post 129369)
have you tried the clock out recently as when they have missing segments they need resetting, basicly just unplug from the power for 20 mins and then they are fine after that as that what happens to mine now and again as the traffic master clock doesnt like the power drain from starting the car

aye, tried that before i got another one. Dinna want to bin it though as i am sure someone knows how to sort them:)

talkingcars 01-12-09 05:50 AM

I had one, a neat peice of techno flash but travelling the country revealled that the info stream is poor so it came out, segment dropage didn't help.