theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   MG ZS 2005 mk2 2.0TD 180 kit Spares or Repair (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17695)

Enright 02-08-11 09:08 AM

Hmm, ?272 with 4 hours to go - any bets on what it will end up at?
(I quite like the look of this one)

ZS 02-08-11 01:14 PM

Shame I don't know what my insurance payout is yet (they only took the car away to asses it today!)

Enright 02-08-11 01:26 PM

Wow, I bet Lewys is happy - he got some good money for that! It was above my limit though... :(

lewys 02-08-11 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enright (Post 217375)
Wow, I bet Lewys is happy - he got some good money for that! It was above my limit though... :(

yes cant say im not pleased with that! :)

Enright 02-08-11 02:05 PM

Oh well, if you get let down, give us a yell.
Can't help wishing I'd been around a couple of weeks ago to get it for the bargain basement price though! ;)

lewys 02-08-11 02:17 PM

will do mate!

Enright 19-08-11 10:53 AM

After the original sale fell through, Lewys and I have agreed a deal which I think we're both happy with, so I'm looking forwards to picking the car up next week.
I can't wait to be a nice respectable ZS owner - so much more civilised than what I'm currently associated with, hahaha!!! :D
Anyway I could do with finding a replacement bumper (ideally identical to the one that was originally removed), but at a pinch anything that will get me road-legal, so if anyone knows of one please get in contact.
Also, as the non-running issue could be down to ECU failure, I'm trying to find out if I can fit a MkI derv ECU & 5AS to the MkII - I know that the MkII is fully OBDII compliant so you can reset fault codes etc, but I'm not too concerned about that. i just want it to stand a chance of working. Question is, does anyone know if it would?

ZS 19-08-11 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enright (Post 219292)
After the original sale fell through, Lewys and I have agreed a deal which I think we're both happy with, so I'm looking forwards to picking the car up next week.
I can't wait to be a nice respectable ZS owner - so much more civilised than what I'm currently associated with, hahaha!!! :D
Anyway I could do with finding a replacement bumper (ideally identical to the one that was originally removed), but at a pinch anything that will get me road-legal, so if anyone knows of one please get in contact.
Also, as the non-running issue could be down to ECU failure, I'm trying to find out if I can fit a MkI derv ECU & 5AS to the MkII - I know that the MkII is fully OBDII compliant so you can reset fault codes etc, but I'm not too concerned about that. i just want it to stand a chance of working. Question is, does anyone know if it would?

Probably not... unless you change all sensors and sounders from the alarm as well?

petet16 19-08-11 12:49 PM

No, I'm pretty certain you wont be able to use a mk1 ecu, you have 2 options really either find a mk2 derv being broken and use the ecu, scu, fobs and transponder from the ignition barrel and swap them all into your car, if you go down this route disconnect the battery first as the scu doesn't like being disconnected/reconnected while powered up.

The other option is to find someone who can do a full diagnosis and repair of the parts fitted at the moment.

Enright 19-08-11 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 219293)
Probably not... unless you change all sensors and sounders from the alarm as well?

Oh dear, I didn't know that might be an issue. I knew that the ECU & 5AS (and hence the remote key fob) were coded to one another, but after that I thought that the alarm simply took an output from the 5AS. So are the MkII 5AS's different to the MkI's as well?

Edit: Thanks for your reply too Pete - I thought I'd found one on eBay, but it's a petrol model. I'll have to keep an eye out for a MkII derv ECU as it's probably the way to go if the usual fault-finding/repairs fail.