theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Off She Goes (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2642)

Shafz 14-01-08 04:44 PM

haha unlucky fella, wen someone crashed into my old ZR, they said they wll only give me a car engine size equivelent, and the only one they had in at the time was a nissan micra , LOL, i told them no way so they delivered me a brand new almera all the way from liverpool to coventry...LOL i kept the car until mine was repaired (Couldnt source the parts so they wrote it off in the end!) i racked up a £8,500 hire car bill obv which the 3rd party paid!

Southern Storm 14-01-08 04:57 PM

Shudders at thought of a Kia.

D3monstrate 14-01-08 05:45 PM

And just for fun, keep a count of the amount of times you put your windscreen wipers on when you want to indicate...

mattie007 14-01-08 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shafz (Post 34158)
haha unlucky fella, wen someone crashed into my old ZR, they said they wll only give me a car engine size equivelent, and the only one they had in at the time was a nissan micra , LOL, i told them no way so they delivered me a brand new almera all the way from liverpool to coventry...LOL i kept the car until mine was repaired (Couldnt source the parts so they wrote it off in the end!) i racked up a £8,500 hire car bill obv which the 3rd party paid!

Same thing happened to me! Offered me a Micrap and I refused. Ended up with a brand new 1.8 Corsa. Was thrashed to within an inch of its life for 6 months! Racked up £13,000 in hire car charges! :clown:

Maxfly 15-01-08 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3monstrate (Post 34183)
And just for fun, keep a count of the amount of times you put your windscreen wipers on when you want to indicate...

pmsl so far 5 times!! strange thing is when i had a shottie of my mates mr2 a few years ago i was fine straight away with it, have flashed oncoming trafffic too, when all i wanted was screen wash rofl!! Well so far, i agree it does belong in an ocean, would probably handle the waves better than the corners i've taken so far, seats aint comfy or supportive but are electrically adjustable. Engine seems perky, but gear change is hell of a long winded and you get no feed back whatsoever about what the thing is doing on the road, it is just numb!! certainly cheap, but not as badly made as i thought it would be, still an ugly son of a bitch though!! Arnold clark are supplying the car, must be one of their demonstraters as they are a kia dealer there too.

still cant get the zs back soon enough though:shoot2::shoot2:

D3monstrate 15-01-08 05:22 PM

The registration wouldnt happen to end in UAP would it... Im sure thats the only Magnetis we have left on fleet... We got shot of that to Dundee last week I think...

arwilson80 16-01-08 08:56 AM

Don't you mean that you got shot of it to Inverness in exchange for a ZS. ;)

Maxfly 17-01-08 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3monstrate (Post 34364)
The registration wouldnt happen to end in UAP would it... Im sure thats the only Magnetis we have left on fleet... We got shot of that to Dundee last week I think...

na, it's not that one strange there is more than 2 really lol!!

They are getting through the problems now, rear brakes being stripped and cleaned, clutch has been lubricated - will be checked again before i get her back. they think it's the windscreen thats leaking so it's been re-sealed, not sure what they have done about the starting, hopefully plugs at least!! tyre was a dodgy valve, thats been replaced, and the knocking from the back was a goosed shocker, thats being fitted tomorrow. Think thats the lot, might get some pics of the killer kia for you all to drool over before it goes back:D

Maxfly 18-01-08 05:45 PM

Get the zs back monday, was getting windscreen re-sealed today:trampoline: so get rid of this thing then

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...onePics046.jpg

D3monstrate 18-01-08 06:12 PM

:O A 57 plate!! I cant believe they bought more of that *****. I thought they wouldve learnt by now that Kias are the worst rental cars ever! The one we had was an 06 plate, and it is waaaaaaaaaaay worse than that one...