theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   They are staying! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31118)

stamford 19-02-17 03:29 PM

They are staying!

Fellow MG ZS enthusiasts, I am happy to report that Peter Scott's ZS's will be staying with the forum. Pete's sister and brother-in-law, who flew in from New Zealand for the funeral, had been trying, via the solicitor, to track me down. They had hoped it could stay with an enthusiast and therefore was given first refusal. Hence why the mk2 XPG 180 was put up for sale, no doubt some of you had already guessed what was going on. So there has been a couple of months of going back and forth trying to tie up the matter with the solicitor.

So today, with the help of Sam (ZS), we collected T16 YES from Aberkenfig, near Bridgend, South Wales and it is now in my hands. There is some tidying up to do and some deep cleaning where it has been sat for a few months. Hopefully it'll be ready for PoL, but believe the MOT expires the day before! So not counting my chickens yet!

Was a sedate drive back, just getting to know it and see if all was okay. Needs a good service and some tinkering as had a sticky throttle moment! Opened it a little leaving the M4 onto the A34 and was taking aback with the amount of torque steer, I wasn't pushing it and my god does it respond!

So there's a learning curve here, so different to the 180 obviously.

So I am very happy we managed to keep Pete's ZS on the forum, I'm sure it is something he would have wished himself. If ever there was a time for me to give up MG's or ZS's or shuffle off this mortal coil or whatever comes first, it will stay with an enthusiast and on this forum.

Pete will be remembered.

grimmy 19-02-17 03:39 PM

That is cracking news .well done .great to see it in good hands.

Skillen 19-02-17 03:51 PM

Great news that it's still here! I did wonder what had happened to his cars!
It'll definitely keep get the attention Pete gave it and long may it stay moving!
Rip again Pete forever remembered on the forum.

Dan1971 19-02-17 04:55 PM

Great news.

stamford 19-02-17 05:40 PM

Just took Kathy out in it up the road, nearly snapped her neck! :laugh: I wasn't near the power band! That will come in time once I have sorted out a few niggles.

peterzs 19-02-17 06:47 PM

good result to a sad story.

R.I.P. Pete.

Least his pride and joy will live on.

Dan1971 19-02-17 07:27 PM

So you've got the T16 - is there another one somewhere?

M17TT180 19-02-17 07:33 PM

Good to hear, I was forever badgering Pete to sell me it. But yes a petrol turbo ZS is such a beast, should have been made from the factory. I can't remember what he said it was running, standard should be near the 200bhp area which is what my k turbo is at.

RIP Pete

I had a moment last week where I had a problem with the car and nearly went to PM him on facebook, still not quite sunk in yet.

mattie007 19-02-17 07:54 PM

Glad it's staying within the forum and in your capable hands.
A nice story in sad circumstances.

RIP Pete

stamford 19-02-17 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 374178)
So you've got the T16 - is there another one somewhere?

There is. One for someone else to reveal :happy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 374179)
Good to hear, I was forever badgering Pete to sell me it. But yes a petrol turbo ZS is such a beast, should have been made from the factory. I can't remember what he said it was running, standard should be near the 200bhp area which is what my k turbo is at.

RIP Pete

I had a moment last week where I had a problem with the car and nearly went to PM him on facebook, still not quite sunk in yet.

I know what you mean, I'm just looking after it for him.

I think it was running near 243 from memory, maybe less now due to age. I need to get it on a dyno when I am happy it can take it just so I know how healthy it is.