theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MG respect? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1682)

weagie 26-10-07 09:11 PM

MG respect?

I admit to buying some crappy car magazines but i'm glad i did when i saw this.
In a feature called britians worst driver MG drivers took forth with the footnote stating "most MG's deserve to have accidents to be fair, just to take them off the road"
What a bunch of w*nkers.:rant:

MGZS55 26-10-07 09:58 PM

Oof..git of a mag anyway...what's it called...not that I'd even buy it to wipe my...

windows with...or is it newspapers that don't leave streaks.
:shoot:

Mat C 26-10-07 10:02 PM

Probably true though. Most MG drivers drive like complete tw@ts, ZR owners with 1.4 engines trying to take on the world, ZS180 owners thinking we have fast cars (are they b0110cks !) when diesel Astras are faster and ZT owners thinking they are in an M3 competitor. I drive daft sometimes, we all do. You reap what you sow.

arwilson80 26-10-07 10:14 PM

I wonder if they are including Rovers in their figures too. ;)

I have to say that i sometimes have my moments, but to categorise the driving sytle by car make is stupid. I could be in a Nissan... It's because of the big price drop since MG-R went bust and they look sporty as stand that chavs and boy racers buy them.

Boot Hill Bandit 26-10-07 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat C (Post 20522)
Most MG drivers drive like complete tw@ts ......ZS180 owners thinking we have fast cars (are they b0110cks !) I drive daft sometimes, we all do. You reap what you sow.

Guilty as charged :oops:

Shafz 26-10-07 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 20526)
It's because of the big price drop since MG-R went bust and they look sporty as standard so chavs and boy racers buy them.

have to agree...the new breeed of MG owners

shroonie29 27-10-07 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat C (Post 20522)
, ZS180 owners thinking we have fast cars (are they b0110cks !) when diesel Astras are faster

Is yours broken :tease:

Shroon

Mat C 27-10-07 09:11 AM

No, but car technology moves on - something MGR never ever did !

arwilson80 27-10-07 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat C (Post 20557)
No, but car technology moves on - something MGR never ever did !

But isn't that part of why we bought them to a certain extent? They haven't all the usual refinements to make the drive all smooth - more of a drivers car...:yes:

Maxxed_Ross 27-10-07 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shafz (Post 20539)
have to agree...the new breeed of MG owners

that has been a big issue around Central Scotland over the last few years. It went from being a respectable car to own to being a chav charriot almost over night :sad: