theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ZS Favourite roads. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25601)

daytona365 16-06-13 07:35 PM

ZS Favourite roads.

Now we all know that we would love to take our Zeds round the Stelvio pass, but there are some nice little numbers we all love taking our cars round closer to home. After a little discussion today, I sat down and worked out a couple of my favourites. Top of the list is, any roundabout, that you know is empty, so you can sling the Zed round and feel it cling to the road and put a BIG grin on your face.

Now for my list: these are ones that I know of, so if anyone feels like putting their own up, we could make a sort of UK best Zed driving roads..

A) B194 from Waltham Abbey to Harlow, know to the locals as the Crooked Mile. Loads of twists and turns....only down side, not nice if following a slow car.

B) A414 from Hatfield to M1 jct. 1/4 mile down road is a pair of 3exit roundabouts, more of chicanes. Great if road empty as you can almost straight line them.

C) A4061 From Hirwaun to Treorchy, Pows in Wales. Loads of mega bends, on your way down the side of a mountain..Get to Treorchy and Treherbert in bottom of the gorge, and then just blast up the other side. Then follow road as it becomes the A4107 all the way to Port Talbot, through more wonderfully twisty scenic welsh hillside. Used to drive this everytime I marshalled the Wales Rally GB...Glorious, but very scary in the dark. Went back one year in the daylight WOW what fun.....just watch out for the sheep!

D) Parsonage Lane Herts, turn left off the B1184 just outside Sawbridgeworth and head for Green Tye. Gorgeous country lane that opens up into a blinding piece of bends. Great fun even in a company Transit!!!!.

Well thats me for starters.........................................f eel free to post your own, Id love to try some new ones. The ZS is such a drivers car..:yes:

peterzs 16-06-13 07:55 PM

I'm just happy on any road!!!!!

DannyZR 16-06-13 07:57 PM

what ever roads i was on in Cornwall this week but in Bolton belmont road that connects bolton to blackburn

peterzs 16-06-13 08:05 PM

Some of the tunnels arnt bad for a blast!!!!

M17TT180 16-06-13 08:07 PM

The roundabout that isn't a roundabout on the A127

The A414 one was mine!

Ritchy 16-06-13 08:17 PM

Round here, the road down the side of Loch long from arrochar. Lots of little short light corners and drops, then across from faslane to loch lomond on the rollercoaster road. Big massive long drops and big sweeping bends.

Craig-ZS180 16-06-13 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 310812)
The roundabout that isn't a roundabout on the A127

Fortune of war, is a great non roundabout roundabout. Can really throw the car through it and get a sweet drive out the otherside :D

grimmy 16-06-13 08:34 PM

The road coming home from work is a favourite of mine.but weirdly its **** in the morning.

talkingcars 16-06-13 08:47 PM

I quite enjoy any of the routes home from work - some interesting lanes or a rat run around the estates of Crawley before hitting the dual carrageway or the most direct route which is all dualcarrage way and roundabouts, this is the way I normally go to work.

Unusually they have actually improved it by adding an interesting offset roundabout.

Locally I also enjoy the A29 from Horsham to Billingshurst and onto the A272 through Petworth, Midhurst, Petersfield finishing in Winchester.

M17TT180 16-06-13 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 310819)
Locally I also enjoy the A29 from Horsham to Billingshurst

Ah yes I know this one as we drive that way when staying at the Hellingly Travelodge.