theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I hate my car. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4831)

Craig 26-07-08 05:22 PM

I hate my car.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? My car hasn't been right for a few weeks now. When I turn left and use some gas (or turn right and reverse) I get a grinding/rubbing noise from the o/s front wheel area. It only seems to happen when im on the gas.

I have tried loads of different things. Today, I undid the cv boots and everything looks fine. I have hardly driven the car lately because of this. Last week for the show, I had to nurse it there and back. Its got so bad that whenever Gemmas here, I have been driving her megane, which is chock full of me to you bears lol.

Theres also a rattling noise developed from the n/s rear which I think may be the handbrake cable. Im always paranoid about any noises I hear (or imagine). I will check that out tomorrow, unless It mysteriously burns down tonite.

At the moment I hate it with a passion, even though its looking all nice and shiny. If it was worth anything I would sell it right now in a heartbeat.

rant over

Mat C 26-07-08 05:33 PM

I know exactly what you mean - sometimes i feel like accidently spilling a can of petrol in mine and accidently dropping a lit match on it ! But then just as i start hating it, it gives a sterling performance and gets some compliments which reminds me why i bought it in the 1st place ! Ask Sam (ZSx) about the grinding noise - i'm sure he had a similar problem and cured it :)

Craig 26-07-08 05:47 PM

Thats the thing, when its running properly, I absolutely love it. At the show on Sunday, I heard people saying nice things about it. I feel cheated ATM, cos I cant enjoy driving it, especially after shelling out to get the belts changed recently.

I'll drop him a pm, thanks mate

sduk 26-07-08 06:09 PM

mate i know what you mean. mine will be gone in a couple of days and i cant wait! the door handles are terrible, the inside falling apart, the rear bumper falling off and my alarm keeps randomly going off (even when driving!)

i do love the way it looks but there are so many things making me want to get rid.

hope you get it sorted mate.

shroonie29 26-07-08 06:19 PM

Did you check that it isn't fouling here?
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...h_000638-1.gif

Craig 26-07-08 06:41 PM

Thanks for the pm mate, I will check it out tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

john180 26-07-08 07:57 PM

sorry you're feeling this way about the motor fella! its a nice looking car so stick at it!!

i love mine to bits even tho i get rattles and squeaks. when im driving along with the ATC on auto i get this loud buzzing sound that sounds like a bird is stuck in the vent... but i just see it as character.

talkingcars 26-07-08 08:09 PM

I hated my ZS so much last weekend, I'd been looking foward to MGSD since the last one and after curing the brake problem (new discs and pads and then a new caliper) that had been ongoing since the end of May the weekend before I got all excited last Saturday, we washed and vacumed her for the first time in 2 months and polished her for the first time in 6 months ownership.

We set off in time to get there for 11am only for a knocking noise to cause me to give up 30 miles from home. Having no idea what it was we came home slowly and ended up getting a garage to look, turned out to be 1 missing bolt and 1 shearedbolt on the rear engine mount.

However now both problems are fixed we had a very nice drive out to day and will be doing 200 miles tommorow, still love the car.

arwilson80 26-07-08 09:32 PM

The question you need to ask is 'Are other cars any different?'. In most cases the answer is a 'No, not really'. Just stick with it i say, and you'll be glad of it in the long run.

Mat C 26-07-08 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 63166)
we washed and hovered her for the first time in 2 months

As Doc said in Back To The Future 3 ; "It actualy flew ?"

WOW, i'd love to know where you got this hover conversion done ! I washed my car today too but i didn't get to take it for a hover over the countryside ! How was your 1st flight since you last hovered it 2 months ago ?! :laugh: ;)