theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bonnet vents (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22069)

Smokey 25-07-12 08:58 PM

I just want it to look purty lol.

andy-81 25-07-12 09:57 PM

i'm not really a fan of bonnet vents on any car but if i was to pick any i would go for the louvres

Smokey 25-07-12 10:06 PM

MY thought was that on black it will be far less obvious (like the ones on the sides) so would be a subtle mode (unless I threw some LEDs behind them like I have the indicators!

andy-81 26-07-12 09:19 AM

ooooh i wouldnt go that far you might end up having strange tendancies like wearing your trousers inside your socks with your baseball cap slightly off centre and come out with strange comments like "safe bro" ;)

Smokey 26-07-12 09:52 AM

That outfit doesn't seem strange to me? As long as I have buckfast and a rolled up paper in my pocket!

andy-81 26-07-12 09:56 AM

lol whats buckfast? is that a scottish thing

Nobrainer 26-07-12 10:04 AM

Just googled buckfast. Might have to get me some :-) What's the rolled up paper for though?

Smokey 26-07-12 11:01 AM

You've always got to carry a rolled up paper, usually 'The Sun'. Not a clue why! But with all the pockets filled, they seem to think they can keep their hands warm inside the front of their pants!

talkingcars 26-07-12 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-81 (Post 264854)
lol whats buckfast? is that a scottish thing

Quote:

The recipe for the Tonic wine is attributed to the original French monks who settled at Buckfast Abbey in the 1880's. Base wines from Spain, known as mistellas, were imported and to these were added the tonic ingredients according to the old recipe.

By the 1920's 1400 bottles were sold annually, 500 from Buckfast and the remainder by post. In 1927 a London wine merchant was visiting the Abbey, and in conversation with the Abbot, Anscar Vonnier, it was decided that the monks would continue to make the Tonic wine with the distribution and sale to be carried out by a separate marketing company.

In order to broaden its appeal the Tonic was changed slightly from a rather severe patent medicine to a smoother, more mature medicated wine.
Having taken on the marketing of "Buckfast" the distributing company adopted a reserved promotional approach resulting in the widespread appreciation of the product nationally and internationally.

In modern times it continues to be made by the monks of Buckfast Abbey along the same lines and according to the same basic recipe as used in the very early days. The main difficulty lies in the successful addition of inert substances to a base wine - a living and natural entity.

The selection of the base wine is thus of prime importance. Today the base mistellas come from France providing the ideal medium for the skill and expertise of the monks to produce a finished product round and mature to the most discerning of tastes.

The great thing is its £s per proof so is popular in Scotland