theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fitting BMC into MK2 zs180, radiator destroyed (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=16117)

kkman 02-03-11 01:40 AM

Fitting BMC into MK2 zs180, radiator destroyed

The radiator is set further back in a mk2 ZS180,therefore fitting a BMC can be a bit of a squeeze. it is rubbing against the radiator then causing a leak.

Does anyone here has a MK2 ZS180 and get a BMC induction fitted?

can u please give me some idea about how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Kai

ZS 02-03-11 06:47 AM

AFAIK The radiator in the MK1 and MK2 ZS180's are identical and in the same place! it was only a face lift after all!

Maxfly 02-03-11 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 198701)
AFAIK The radiator in the MK1 and MK2 ZS180's are identical and in the same place! it was only a face lift after all!

^^ This:)

Kai, have a look in my pics thread and you should see a couple of my bmc fitted:)

Jay-ZS+ 02-03-11 07:11 AM

I suggest you just take it to a garage to do the lot, ;)

Never thought it could be so complicated to fit a couple of hoses!!

stamford 02-03-11 07:14 AM

It is only a pain in the ar$e if it is not executed properly. It needs to be installed using the right pipes and length from throttle body to drop is key, it is not rocket science. Like I said mine's been in for some 5 years with no issues. MK1 and MK2 180's are identical under the bonnet.

ZS 02-03-11 07:27 AM

If your hose is too long then they are easy to cut down (I had to on mine... but I'm using non standard silicone hoses) - But only do this if you are sure you need to!

Personally After fitting the BMC to the blue car and the ITG to the Yellow car I would go for the ITG every time, looks so much better under the bonnet and is soo much less hassle than the BMC :D

Although the ITG did give me some ideas about fitting the BMC... so next time the bumper is off I'm going to have a look at re mounting the filter I think :)

kkman 02-03-11 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 198714)
If your hose is too long then they are easy to cut down (I had to on mine... but I'm using non standard silicone hoses) - But only do this if you are sure you need to!

Personally After fitting the BMC to the blue car and the ITG to the Yellow car I would go for the ITG every time, looks so much better under the bonnet and is soo much less hassle than the BMC :D

Although the ITG did give me some ideas about fitting the BMC... so next time the bumper is off I'm going to have a look at re mounting the filter I think :)

I'm sure I need to cut the hose, and I'm sure I saw several old threads from MG-ROVER and XPF which claim that it's more difficult to fit a Bmc into MK2 than MK1, as they are different.

ZS 02-03-11 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkman (Post 198718)
it's more difficult to fit a Bmc into MK2 than MK1, as they are different.

MG's Rave, My Local MGR Dealer and everyone else on this forum all dissagree with that... the MK1 is the same as the MK2 under the bonnet (Indeed I have a MK1 with MK2 bumper etc... if they were different then some of the parts I have used would not work on my car!)

Huffy 02-03-11 09:00 AM

this might seem like a daft question?

Is this same BMC one you took off your old Z'd 120?

kkman 02-03-11 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffy (Post 198724)
this might seem like a daft question?

Is this same BMC one you took off your old Z'd 120?

it is...it is designed for 180 but I fitted it in 120.