theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pile up prevents me having dinner. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=21848)

talkingcars 07-07-12 02:34 PM

Looks nasty but at least there are no serious injuries. I would get yourselves checked out at A&E over the weekend as otherwise you'll end up at your local surgery.

If your diagram is acurate then the Polo driver is a fault so all claims will be against their insurance.

The Audi won't have lost much speed at point of impact, especially if the driver panicked when they started spinning. The impact on your car will have been quite hard on a small area.

andy-81 07-07-12 02:43 PM

ooooh no i hope your both ok and get everything sorted

Jay-ZS+ 07-07-12 02:45 PM

Got checked out by the paramedic at the scene and went to see my GP 24hrs on so any injuries are recorded. Gonna be off work for a few days, dont fancy lifting bags of sand and boards of MDF with my back as it is.

Glad to hear it will come out of the Polos insurance as think claiming off Audi may have been complicated. Dont want to sterotype but the guy driving was very vague with details so makes me wonder if he was covered to drive the car. The owner who turned up shortly after certainly didnt look too happy.

andys1981 07-07-12 02:50 PM

pretty scary stuff there,glad to hear you guys are ok,hope it all work out with the insurance mate

stamford 07-07-12 04:33 PM

Christ what a mess, 30 mph my arse judging by the skidmarks. Glad you were not badly hurt, could have been worse.

shcKr- 07-07-12 04:50 PM

Glad you weren't seriously hurt, take it easy for a few days.

Fred68 07-07-12 05:04 PM

Far to much damage for a 30 mph crash!! But at least you're both ok! If you've had to take time off due to the accident then you should to entitled to some compensation ;)

Jay-ZS+ 07-07-12 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 262144)
Christ what a mess, 30 mph my arse judging by the skidmarks.

My thoughts exactly. I'd be surprised if they repair it although the guy that picked it up seemed confident it could be easy enough. Just depends what the insurance company value it at.

Ricwin 07-07-12 06:18 PM

Thats bloody terrible.

Personally, I'd be tempted to land this insurance claim on the Audi driver. No matter how convoluted the trail of paperwork may be, there is no way in hell they were doing 30mph and the driver cannot get away with this scot free.

Yes the Polo driver was at fault, and thats where the Audi driver will shift the blame to. But if the Audi hadn't been driving like a typical 'Audi ****' then the accident wouldn't have occurred.

Jay-ZS+ 07-07-12 06:22 PM

I was surprised the Police didnt seem to raise an eyebrow at the amount of damage and want to question those involved to determine speed involved. Just took all 3 drivers details and swept the road then left.

Just glad it wasnt the ZS as I'd have definitely have lost my cool. :chair: