theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   UKPC parking charge (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=26898)

Jay-ZS+ 01-12-13 03:35 PM

UKPC parking charge

Anyone know what the latest on these is. Thought it was best to just ignore but a mate said thats not what you got to do now.

Its from a retail park for parking in a disabled space- carpark was full and there were at least 10 empty disable spaces was in and out of the shop within 10 mins!

Mark S 01-12-13 03:54 PM

If the car park was genuinely full without a space left, I would go to the shop that you went in, show your receipt as proof you actually bought there, explain your situation to the manager and ask if they will contact the company who gave you the ticket to get it cancelled.

On the other hand, if there were spaces but you felt it too far to walk, then shame on you!

Jay-ZS+ 01-12-13 04:05 PM

There probably was the odd space but there were loads of disable spaces free. Do you have to still have to show a badge in a private carpark? If it was a council one I'd hold my hands up and say fair enough but didnt think the private companys could enforce and its £60 if I pay within 14 days otherwise its £100!!!

stamford 01-12-13 04:06 PM

On one hand you should not park there. On the other hand I would ignore it. The wife had one over a year ago and I ignored every letter they sent, all gone quiet now. I consulted moneysavingexpert forum for clarification. Alot depends on who runs or owns the lands the parking is on, if council you must pay, if a private company then its different. The shops do not have any ownership over the parking.

Jay-ZS+ 01-12-13 04:17 PM

Yer admittedly I shouldn't have been parked there but wasnt as f I'd taken the last space and was out the shop within 5-10mins max. My receipt is 15mins after I clocked out of work and I drove to the shop!

Apparently disable spaces in private car parks are there to meet a requirement in the Equality Act 201. However, the blue badge scheme does not apply on private land. Will do some reading on money super market

talkingcars 01-12-13 05:42 PM

You shouldn't have parked there so you should pay a penance.
However I would pay it to a disabled charity and not some private parking company.
Get a receipt from said charity and send it to the parking company.

TBH I have ignored these before and eventually they stopped writing.

daytona365 01-12-13 05:58 PM

Or, get a mate to break ya leg, thus proving you are disabled............

Jay-ZS+ 01-12-13 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 326283)
You shouldn't have parked there so you should pay a penance.
However I would pay it to a disabled charity and not some private parking company.
Get a receipt from said charity and send it to the parking company.

That's not a bad plan, might add it to my annual donation to help for heroes.

drroberts490 01-12-13 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 326286)
That's not a bad plan, might add it to my annual donation to help for heroes.

A very worthy cause

Jay-ZS+ 01-12-13 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drroberts490 (Post 326293)
A very worthy cause

Yer is the only charity I feel strongly about.