theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   rattle from air vent on dash (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=23222)

drewesq 06-11-12 08:24 PM

rattle from air vent on dash

So, I have a slight rattle which sounds like it is coming from under that funny vent on the top of the dash... anyone else had this?

KirkJames 07-11-12 12:12 AM

I've had that and narrowed it down to the stereo being slightly loose in it's fixings and the sound is travelling directly up. Makes sense as it's the closest place for the sound to come out of. Hope that helps mate.

Also you can prise that vent off quite easily to check to see if there's any parts in there rattling :)

If something isn't bolted down securely in the zed it will rattle ;)

James Raby 07-11-12 01:34 PM

took me 2 years to finally realise it was my rear view mirror
going to fix it at weekend, just needs some padding placed behind glass

drewesq 07-11-12 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Raby (Post 280897)

2 years?! Haha, that would have driven me mental! I fancy an auto dimming one from a 75/ZT but I don't know how to fit one!

talkingcars 07-11-12 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewesq (Post 280966)
2 years?! Haha, that would have driven me mental! I fancy an auto dimming one from a 75/ZT but I don't know how to fit one!

You need to change the lump on the windscreen to a BMW style one and connect the power.

CheshireDaveZS 07-11-12 10:00 PM

ive got a rattle at the back of the car.....im guessing the high brake light part that can be removed.

Captain Peanut 07-11-12 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Raby (Post 280897)

My rear view mirror does that too, took ages to work out where the noise was coming from. It on an ever growing list of things to fix!

sh4ggyd00 07-11-12 11:20 PM

my rear view did do it till i wedged part of a rizla packet into the bottom corner as a short term fix.
That was 4 months ago thanks for reminding me to fix it :whistle::blush: lol

KirkJames 08-11-12 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh4ggyd00 (Post 281001)
my rear view did do it till i wedged part of a rizla packet into the bottom corner as a short term fix.
That was 4 months ago thanks for reminding me to fix it :whistle::blush: lol

Maybe that's what I can hear from the rear. No funny ar5e related commments please guys ;)

drewesq 08-11-12 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkJames (Post 280806)
Also you can prise that vent off quite easily to check to see if there's any parts in there rattling :)

So, is it just a case of getting a small screwdriver in there and popping it out?