theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fastest ever failure??....... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2445)

Boot Hill Bandit 27-12-07 04:14 PM

Fastest ever failure??.......

Well........ **** happens........usually in my general direction and generally it seems to be my ZS :laugh:

I shall find out Saturday if I have had the fastest ever plenum failure after only 150 miles! :rofl: you got to laugh or you'd cry honestly you would!

Hopefully its not the case but we can hear a nasty rattle inside the plenum. This is after me being very careful with allowing the car to fully warm before taking it over 3000rpm and driving on part throttle until then.

Honestly.......I nearly put an axe through the ***** today........luckily Arkwright was on hand to calm me down or I may have had a Basil Fawlty moment.

I shall keep peeps updated......but I wouldn't be posting this up if I wasn't almost certain of it.

Granville

Craig 27-12-07 04:17 PM

thats bad news mate, hopefully it wont be a biggie.

Boot Hill Bandit 27-12-07 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig 180 (Post 31543)
thats bad news mate, hopefully it wont be a biggie.

******* right its bad news! It better not........otherwise I am going to put some explosives in it and blow the ******* up.......video it and get £250 from YBF

Granville

shroonie29 27-12-07 04:41 PM

Doesn't the new one carry any guarantee if fitted by a mechanic at an Xpart centre?

Shroon

RalphG 27-12-07 04:56 PM

I spoke to Jim this morning about the warranty on the parts...

It might be a case of car hypochondria.:unsure: Hopefully this is the case. Jim's car is booked in for a test on Saaturday.

Mat C 27-12-07 04:57 PM

Yes 9 times out of 10 it's never the component that's at fault - it's the person who fitted it !

Murray203ps 27-12-07 05:09 PM

Mine's been rattling for ages now Jim. When you get to 3000rpm it makes a rattling noise as the VIS valve opens. Still not effected the power as it still accelerates ok. Is yours down on power??

Sorry to here it though mate :console:

arwilson80 27-12-07 05:33 PM

Do you ever have any luck other than bad?

Shafz 27-12-07 05:46 PM

sell up and get a mk2 180 :D

stamford 27-12-07 05:57 PM

It doesn't matter what you do or how careful you are, it is the part and not how it is fitted. There is nothing you can do when fitting it that will make it break prematurely. I'd wait for the diagnostics before saying the plenum has gone.

If it is a brand new unit I would be very surprised if it has 'gone'. They just don't go unless the unit was not assembled correctly by Mann & Hummel. Even then it would not work as soon as it was fitted.

Very strange, keep me posted Jim.