theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Jays MK2 180. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12806)

BUCKYDEVIL 19-07-10 08:22 PM

Car looks Amazing Jay , glad youve got it back and happy.

Jay-ZS+ 19-07-10 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL (Post 162802)
Car looks Amazing Jay , glad youve got it back and happy.

Cheers mate thinking of tinting the rear lights after seeing pics of yours! :)

Dave MGT 19-07-10 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 162799)
What you doing round my way? Should have popped in mate.

Im going to get the coils refurbed when funds allow and consider what to do then.

Its got a sticky throttle at the moment, take my foot off the gas at lights and it idles at 1.5-2k, Going to clean the idle control valve with some carb cleaner or similar. Its driving great, the brakes are shocking at the moment though, but that will be addressed.

Any recommendations for brake fluid, was going to go 5.1 but unsure of brand?

unipart 5.1 i used.
I was going to roadworthy. Didnt have time to stop as I already had a bit of a skive...lol

Jay-ZS+ 05-08-10 01:18 PM

Post 1# Updated with tinted rear lights and the Brembo Discs have now turned up so will fit them soon :punk:

p_b82 05-08-10 01:29 PM

looking good there Jay; i bet those disks weigh a TON - but they do look like monsters.

I uhmmed and Ahh'd about getting a set, but decided in the end not to bother until i have put the 282 setup through it's paces - if i find it lacking then will have to do summit about it later.

Also first time isaw the pics without the stickers.... have to admit i prefer it without them on, even tho they were pretty cool. Summit about an XPG ZS isn't there :)

BUCKYDEVIL 05-08-10 01:38 PM

XPG really suits the Tinted rear lights.
What else you got planned ?

Jay-ZS+ 05-08-10 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 164550)
looking good there Jay; i bet those disks weigh a TON - but they do look like monsters.

I uhmmed and Ahh'd about getting a set, but decided in the end not to bother until i have put the 282 setup through it's paces - if i find it lacking then will have to do summit about it later.

Also first time isaw the pics without the stickers.... have to admit i prefer it without them on, even tho they were pretty cool. Summit about an XPG ZS isn't there :)

The parcel was down as weighing 18kgs! Thats with brackets and boxes :laugh:
Going to have to loose some weight somewhere to make up for them!!

The 282s are great and all thats really needed for road use, although eventually I plan to use it on track. Thats if I dont go down the 2 wheelled route, went on the back of my mates VFR the other day and holly Sh*t that thing accelerates quick! Wasnt too keen when he got the front wheel up under acceleration not a fan of the handles being behind either:blink:

Jay-ZS+ 05-08-10 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL (Post 164552)
XPG really suits the Tinted rear lights.
What else you got planned ?

Yer I was a massive fan of throphy blue but starting to really like XPG :D

Going to put some bucket seats in it, and considering stripping it out although its my only car so not sure what it will be like to live with everyday. Need to fix the inlet manifold as its starting to rattle when cold. Then I may get on and do some custom body mods ;)

stamford 05-08-10 01:54 PM

18kgs is a fair chuck of weight to be going on, what do the current ones come in at?

Jay-ZS+ 05-08-10 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 164561)
18kgs is a fair chuck of weight to be going on, what do the current ones come in at?

No idea to be honest, It will make quite a difference as of course its unsprung mass, wonder what the % increase will be of the centrifugal force when in motion will be compared to the OE. :hmmm:

Oh well sure the 4pots will more than make up for it :yes: