theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Another whats it worth thread... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22632)

ZS 13-09-12 07:15 PM

Another whats it worth thread...

Due to circumstances beyond my control (serious financial issues) I am re-evaluating my options.

One option is to reconsider the car... so how much is a mk2 black 04 plate saloon 180 worth these days?

I will be looking at other options... such as asking for a pay rise etc, but as it seems my credit rating is lower than a limbo pole and any help from a bank is out of the question (nice, when you need money they don't want to know, yet when you have money they fall over backwards offering you loans etc...) I may have no choice... I mean I have two kids to feed.

Of course if anyone has any jobs I can do remotely for cash then shout :)

With the money I earn I should not be in this situation, the country has gone to pot!

stamford 13-09-12 07:33 PM

I feel your pain Sam, I know it isn't easy bringing young ones up, been there myself a few times. None of us probably have it easy, it may look like we do but we tend to live to our means so salary is relative.

Will selling the car be worthwhile? It sounds like a short term fix imo.

rturner 13-09-12 07:33 PM

If its any help I paid £1.1k for my black mk2 180 54 plate hatch. Belts done but 97k. I'm sure lower mileage would be worth a few hundred more.

big_wasa 13-09-12 07:42 PM

It really isnt going to fetch much for the job in hand. Reason, so many others are in a simlar position.

I am being shafted to the tune of 7k by my outlaws that wont pay there bills.

Smokey 13-09-12 07:56 PM

I was £1600 for black mk2, 96k miles, belts done, alcantara, all electric windows 8 months not, 6 months tax, still on rear tyres 16k later. This was 9 months ago or so?

ZS 13-09-12 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 272165)
I feel your pain Sam, I know it isn't easy bringing young ones up, been there myself a few times. None of us probably have it easy, it may look like we do but we tend to live to our means so salary is relative.

Will selling the car be worthwhile? It sounds like a short term fix imo.

Bringing up the children is not really an issue its just so expensive doing it on your own (their mother refuses to see them, let alone pay anything towards their upkeep). Childcare so I can work is more than my rent every month!

Your right though its a short term fix, I'll regret it as soon as its done and I've been there before with the car and been worse off for it.

I just can't see a way out of it at the moment... and don't know what to do...

stamford 13-09-12 08:12 PM

I take it you are not entitled to any benefits then, albeit small considering you are doing the right thing in working? Sometimes it pays to be a bum and sponge off the system, beats me how some folk do this and are happy to do so, doesn't pay to have a conscience.

ZS 13-09-12 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 272175)
I take it you are not entitled to any benefits then, albeit small considering you are doing the right thing in working? Sometimes it pays to be a bum and sponge off the system, beats me how some folk do this and are happy to do so, doesn't pay to have a conscience.

I don't want to scrounge off the system...

I do however claim my full £100 a month I'm entitled to in tax credits...

M17TT180 13-09-12 08:15 PM

First off i'd go to the citizans advice bureau, nothing better than a bit of free advise/help.

ZS 13-09-12 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 272177)
First off i'd go to the citizans advice bureau, nothing better than a bit of free advise/help.

Their advice is to get sacked (not quit) and claim benefits... yeah that's sound advice isn't it!!