theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   engine management light on derv (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31515)

peterzs 20-10-18 09:42 PM

engine management light on derv

So the light came on, changed the MAF sensor as they are the first port of call usually.

Still on and so changed the fuel filter as it hadn't been changed for a bit. Still on.

I bought a fault reader off ebay and that showed no faults.

Took it to local garage and they came up with 5 faults. Cleared all them. Went to drive away and the light was back on. Diesel pump control unit, so I got a ebay pump and the garage fitted just the control box off the top of the pump. All seems well and it has its MOT this tuesday.

So always worth getting a T4 or a proper reader on it.

:):):)

stamford 20-10-18 09:52 PM

I bought a code reader, waste of money, looks good but full of cheap tat! Good to hear it’s sorted.

Dan1971 20-10-18 10:34 PM

Interesting.... What about the other 4 though Pete?

talkingcars 21-10-18 09:50 AM

I am a big fan of the www.pscan.uk scanner, Phil used a couple of my ECUs including the one from FE51 when designing it.

If anyone wants to bring me their car to read I'll do it for nought.

peterzs 21-10-18 01:20 PM

The other four were stuff like, ignition switch, a/c pressure too low and I've forgotten the other two. He did print out the report but kept it to show his mate to see what they needed to do.

I did ask when he cleared them, but he said they would not put the light on just an advisory.

The garage is good and just wanted a drink, least it's better than the ones that charge £50 + vat, for plugging in.

The TF must have felt it was being left out, went for a cliff top drive and on the way back it split the exhaust. The join between the cat/box. Sounds nice, got the bangs and burbles, but sooo loud. :-)

All got the mot for both coming up in the next two weeks.

Good offer re the fault reader James.

p_b82 22-10-18 02:30 PM

I'm surprised your MKII didn't get the codes from a standard OBDII reader... our older ones have to go full T4 equivalent :(

glad that the swap over of the controller seems to have done the job for you - I changed the whole pump over when I had tractor syndrome all those years ago at the pub meet!

peterzs 22-10-18 05:08 PM

GARAGE said it would be quicker and cheaper to just do the controller, rather than break it all down.

Lucky it worked and if needed I can send the s/h pump away to be rebuilt.

All good fun.

Mot tomorrow and with the tricks and tweaks do not know how it will get on. We will see.

Dan1971 22-10-18 07:57 PM

Fingers crossed for you Pete ....

C13URD 22-10-18 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 378632)
GARAGE said it would be quicker and cheaper to just do the controller, rather than break it all down.

Lucky it worked and if needed I can send the s/h pump away to be rebuilt.

All good fun.

Mot tomorrow and with the tricks and tweaks do not know how it will get on. We will see.

Best of luck with the MOT bud...:-D

peterzs 23-10-18 11:18 AM

Cheers All .

Waiting to see what's what.