theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I hate cars today! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31180)

stamford 08-04-17 02:35 PM

I hate cars today!

Having one of those days where I hate anything on four wheels! Hate the T16, exhaust is being a pita, not loving it atm, front pipe is such a bodge. Can't bear looking at the mk1 either, wifes MGF is overheating, losing water but no leaks visible. I'm very close to selling both as had enough of them.

Think I need a step back from all things automotive for a while.

Plus my mum's going downhill, seems everything is conspiring against me.

talkingcars 08-04-17 03:52 PM

Frustrating.

My free F was overheating and loosing coolant but not obvious leak, although I haven't tested it yet I think it is down to a small split in the header tank.

Dan1971 08-04-17 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 374902)
Having one of those days where I hate anything on four wheels! Hate the T16, exhaust is being a pita, not loving it atm, front pipe is such a bodge. Can't bear looking at the mk1 either, wifes MGF is overheating, losing water but no leaks visible. I'm very close to selling both as had enough of them.

Think I need a step back from all things automotive for a while.

Plus my mum's going downhill, seems everything is conspiring against me.

:console:

Our cars are supposed to be our "feel good". Chin up pal and just leave them alone for a bit. Remember why you bought the T16 and what was in your head if you need perspective.

Spend time with your mum over the holidays if you can.

SARENG 08-04-17 08:50 PM

I echo DAN1971...spend time with your mum. Then everything else will come into perspective. Cars are sent to try us!!!

stamford 08-04-17 08:58 PM

I've been with her today and on the phone, very trying times.

I'll take a break from cars, too much going on at present, reading that 1st post back is more a rant than anything!

MG ZS STE 08-04-17 09:45 PM

It's good to vent. Need to do it more myself. cars are replaceable, moms aren't.

stamford 09-04-17 07:25 AM

This is where I miss having sons! Three daughters are no good for helping their dad under a car! Well Gina would but not with her 'bump' :laugh:

Dan1971 09-04-17 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 374913)
This is where I miss having sons! Three daughters are no good for helping their dad under a car! ......

I've got two. Cars get them to and from school. No interest whatsoever ! :no:

talkingcars 09-04-17 08:19 AM

Luckily of my 2 sons the one who lives around the corner is as into cars as I am, the other wouldn't know one end from the other.

However of my 7 kids (inc. step kids) it's only 2 of the girls who have bothered to get a licence.

stamford 09-04-17 08:41 AM

When I was racing on the ovals the girls were always at the track with me, with their little racing overalls and wellies on! I took a years sabbatical, 23 years ago! If I had boys I'm sure they would've raced in the juniors and therefore had at least one petrolhead! All my girls drive, two have no interest in cars, just a means of going from A to B, Gina likes her cars, VW nut and would have driven one of the MGs to PoL if I had two runners and if she wasn't 'bumpy' :D

Off out today, break from cars, picking up doors for next weekends DIY, fish and chip lunch and see what happens next. I 'might' go outside if pushed by swmbo, she has hinted at it, just wish I had a pit!