theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mounting your Scangauge (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10012)

skyblueads 12-11-09 09:23 PM

Mounting your Scangauge

I've had my Scangauge for months, with no permanent way to mount it. Marty was meant to send me a pod but I know he's been very busy with work and seems to have disappeared from the boards these days. I want to get it mounted in the car so it looks OE. Any ideas?

Dan1971 12-11-09 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblueads (Post 127015)
I've had my Scangauge for months, with no permanent way to mount it. Marty was meant to send me a pod but I know he's been very busy with work and seems to have disappeared from the boards these days. I want to get it mounted in the car so it looks OE. Any ideas?

He's got his ZR express for sale over on XP .... Try contacting him about it .... :fishing:

stamford 12-11-09 09:41 PM

With that title Frankie Howerd sprang to mind :D

Where you fit it will depend on the amount of work you want to give yourself. Obvious place is the centre console, perhaps in the lower cubby hole or integrate it into the upper section?

skyblueads 12-11-09 09:47 PM

I thought about between the hazard switch and rear-screen demister, but I don't think there's enough room.

Zippy Saloon 13-11-09 03:42 AM

Is the cable long enough to mount it to a bracket attached to interior light?

talkingcars 13-11-09 05:43 AM

Mine sits on top of the steering column.

I am considering mounting it on the centre air vents but I've just got a Pure Highway DAB radio which may go there.

However mine is a mk1 and I'm not sure about mk2 dashes.

SheppeyTrio 13-11-09 07:08 AM

I've mounted mine where the seat warmer buttons spaces are!! Not a bad place to put it but it needs to tilt up a little to see it clearly!!

carmadbaker 13-11-09 04:48 PM

done the same as above! works a treat :) check out my old threads

SheppeyTrio 13-11-09 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmadbaker (Post 127081)
done the same as above! works a treat :) check out my old threads

Did you get it to tilt upwards 2 make it easier 2 read?

p_b82 13-11-09 10:47 PM

i just bought a really cheap mp3 holder and sit it on the cntre vents using that.... i tuck it out the way when not driving so it is not on show.

I might live in a nicer area, but bristol still has one of the worst car crime records in the south west, a few years back my pug 205 was broken ito, i went to the police to get a crime reference number, and that told be outright... " we dont send people round to investigate car crime, as we have too much of it, here have a reference number and a victims of crime booklet"

I got 3 of them in 18months!