theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Insurance .... 19yr old (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10107)

Dan1971 22-11-09 07:36 PM

Insurance .... 19yr old

How much do 19 yr olds pay for insurance on a 110 / 120 ? I know there's a big gap depending on points, postcodes etc ... Any on here ? I'm looking at a roughly type scenario.

Friend of a friend was asking ... he loves my car and is 19. I'm trying desperately to talk him out of a C2 VTR/VTS ..... HELP !

Bobdope2002 22-11-09 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 128211)
How much do 19 yr olds pay for insurance on a 110 / 120 ? I know there's a big gap depending on points, postcodes etc ... Any on here ? I'm looking at a roughly type scenario.

Friend of a friend was asking ... he loves my car and is 19. I'm trying desperately to talk him out of a C2 VTR/VTS ..... HELP !

when i 1st passed my test i was payin £1600 for a 1.4 in a good postcode

Jay-ZS+ 22-11-09 07:46 PM

I got insured as a named driver ;) bit naughty but just couldnt afford it otherwise, they bend young guys over good n proper!

Ritchy 22-11-09 07:50 PM

my quote with arnold clark insurance was 1900 the day i passed my test when i was 18, literally passed my test n bought it lol, but when u get the car u get a weeks free insurance from ford so they can tax it lol, and when i phoned up they gave me a quote for a year, the guy said, oh, thatll be £1700, was like thats cheaper then he said oh wait sorry missed out a digit, it was close to £18,000 lolol, and they sent it out to me with a envelope to return it:P luckily my dad hashis traders policy and i got added for free onto it:D yaaaaaay

peterzs 22-11-09 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 128211)

Hi Dan, is it cheaper if he takes the advanced test, after he has his full driving license??

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

still be a fair bit I suppose, you can see why there are so many uninsured youngsters running around!!

:wave::wave::wave:

Jay-ZS+ 22-11-09 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 128221)
Hi Dan, is it cheaper if he takes the advanced test, after he has his full driving license??

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

still be a fair bit I suppose, you can see why there are so many uninsured youngsters running around!!

:wave::wave::wave:

Thats a point one of my mates took the pass plus and was with nowich union and got 50% off or something stupid, think they added 30% to the inital quote but were cheaper overall

peterzs 22-11-09 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 128222)
Thats a point one of my mates took the pass plus and was with nowich union and got 50% off or something stupid, think they added 30% to the inital quote but were cheaper overall

Hi Jay, bit off topic but hows the car sale going, (hope you don't mind Dan, get it back on topic, maybe, friend of a friend could have a look at Jays car)

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Jay-ZS+ 22-11-09 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 128224)
Hi Jay, bit off topic but hows the car sale going, (hope you don't mind Dan, get it back on topic, maybe, friend of a friend could have a look at Jays car)

Not much intrest tbh but its only on here and a few other forums going to take the audio out as obviously not going to be to everyones taste and return the interior to standard, then get it on pistonheads

stamford 22-11-09 09:16 PM

Do make sure he shops around and uses the comparison sites as well as those that are not part of them. Gina got some terrific quotes for the 180 with all my mods.

Dan1971 22-11-09 09:35 PM

Helpful posts guys .... :thumbsup:

Anyone actually 19 and able to say .... "I'm 19, have 1 year NCB and I pay £ ***one gazzilion*** with "whoever"