theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is it normal for the fans.... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12284)

WXM Matty 11-05-10 06:35 PM

Is it normal for the fans....

Is it normal for the fans in the engine bay to stay on for a few secconds after you have been for a drive?

Also heaters sometimes work some times they try to blow but its realy weak. Garage said it might not be HGF just keep an eye on it but it did seem like a lot of mayo. He thinks its condensation and its not been mixed with the oil though?

Thanks

-Matt

andys1981 11-05-10 07:17 PM

yeah your fans can stay on for a while after you stop driving mate,as for your blowers,could either be the actual fan itself,or the heater resistor,that could be at fault

WXM Matty 11-05-10 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4cwd (Post 154483)
yeah your fans can stay on for a while after you stop driving mate,as for your blowers,could either be the actual fan itself,or the heater resistor,that could be at fault

They seem to be on all the time when driving though? This is like on a 6 mile drive.

I replaced the heater resistor pack in my ZR would this be the same thing? If so where is it located?

Maxfly 11-05-10 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXM Matty (Post 154489)
They seem to be on all the time when driving though? This is like on a 6 mile drive.

I replaced the heater resistor pack in my ZR would this be the same thing? If so where is it located?

aye, that's no right if they are on near all time:

do you mean the heat or just the fans?? if it's a lack of heat then more than likely air lock in heater matrix and tbh you need to find where the coolant is going did the garage pressure test it?? best to get that done a get a definitive answer:) sniff test too.

WXM Matty 11-05-10 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 154493)
aye, that's no right if they are on near all time:

do you mean the heat or just the fans?? if it's a lack of heat then more than likely air lock in heater matrix and tbh you need to find where the coolant is going did the garage pressure test it?? best to get that done a get a definitive answer:) sniff test too.

Just the fans, heat comes through fine (when it works). I shall get a pressure test ASAP.

Maxfly 11-05-10 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXM Matty (Post 154495)
Just the fans, heat comes through fine (when it works). I shall get a pressure test ASAP.

well thats a plus, just the resistor to replace then:) aye pressure test next stop...take it you def canna see any leaks from coolant pipes etc anyway:~)

Ritchy 11-05-10 08:24 PM

if theyres water in the oil and oil in the water its a sure ign the heads on its way to failing unfortunatly, these engines dont suffer so much from maoisture getting in from the atmosspere so most the time it is head gasket unfortunatly, get a pressure test to be sure but you want to catch it as early as possible to save doing any long term damage to the engine internals,

talkingcars 11-05-10 09:16 PM

Which car is, mk1 or 2?

And

which engine?

To fully answer the questions one needs this info.

WXM Matty 11-05-10 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 154514)
Which car is, mk1 or 2?

And

which engine?

To fully answer the questions one needs this info.

Mk2 1.8 hatch

talkingcars 12-05-10 05:19 AM

with or without aircon?