theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need new tyres (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=14169)

Tommy 14-10-10 10:13 PM

I need new tyres

any suggestions?

Dan1971 14-10-10 10:21 PM

Depends on your budget mate really - I put a set of Khumo Ecstas on mine and they did me fine. Hancook V12s get decent reports here too - I think that's what RitchyP runs.

Loads of threads on here about tyres mate ....

Tommy 14-10-10 10:33 PM

thanks mate, will have a butchers!

Maxxed_Ross 15-10-10 06:15 AM

I've just fitted Baurum Bravius (I think that's how you spell it) to both Astras and really like them.

They're budget in price, but made by Continental and so far have been flawless in both the dry and the wet

Got Goodyear Eagle F1's on the Impreza and love them too, but they are quite expensive

stamford 15-10-10 07:36 AM

Past tyres have been Hankooks, very good tyre, not bad all rounder. Toyo T1R, very good in the dry, not too bad in the wet but too soft a compound and didn't wear as well as the Hankooks. Currently on Falken 452, so far no issues and wearing quite well, still got some more driving to do before I can fully comment on the performance.

Ritchy 15-10-10 07:45 AM

me, pete and kev have the v12 evo hankook tyres on, in the budget tyre price range, slightly dearer but are really good tyres imho, grip well and not had any scry moments on them since fitting, no bad road noise either, the s1 evos are currently fitted on new fiestas out the factory

think i heard they are made by michelin but i cant confirm that, they feel like good tyres when handling, cheap tyres feel like plastic

andys1981 15-10-10 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 175285)
me, pete and kev have the v12 evo hankook tyres on, in the budget tyre price range, slightly dearer but are really good tyres imho, grip well and not had any scry moments on them since fitting, no bad road noise either, the s1 evos are currently fitted on new fiestas out the factory

think i heard they are made by michelin but i cant confirm that, they feel like good tyres when handling, cheap tyres feel like plastic

it was a toyo t1s on the front,and hankook v12s on the back of ma old zs,its ventus k104s all round on the zr

Phate 15-10-10 08:57 AM

I had BF-Goodrich G-Sport Profiliers on my car and whilst not amazing in the wet, this just reminded me not to drive like a moron. In the dry and other whether they were great, wore well as well and didn't break the bank.

caled 15-10-10 09:27 AM

I'm liking the Avon ZZ3s I have all round on mine, looking ~?100 a corner fitted at most local tyre places (or cheaper if you buy them online). Good in the dry, and they've felt planted in the wet, too.

This site might be of some use to you: clicky

haGGard 15-10-10 10:31 AM

I've got pirelli p-zero on the front and just got some new falken 912's on the rear. Both are good i think, and the p-zero's are great.