theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone be interested in a clutch cylinder upgrade kit? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15032)

rakester 21-12-10 05:19 PM

Anyone be interested in a clutch cylinder upgrade kit?

I know 'Sheddist' makes these but I'm pretty sure I can provide something similar a lot cheaper due to a few contacts I have.

The bracket probably wouldn't looks as pretty as the 'Sheddist' kit but would perform just as well.

I know some people could also make these themselves but some people don't have the time / space / tools etc

Would consist of the civic parts which are metal instead of plastic, probbaly be around ?100 delivered. I'd obviously pay to be a trader on here or whatever if needs be despite making literally only beer monies from it. Please don't PM asking for one now as I won't be doing it until he new year.

Cheers :)

Jay-ZS+ 21-12-10 05:28 PM

I need to do mine at some point, did pm sheddist last Nov when I bought the car but not heard anything yet, Ive since spent the money I put aside for one. :slap:

If its up to the same quality id be intrested

rakester 21-12-10 05:30 PM

Yeah would be the same quality, I probably wouldn't have the brackets powder coated though due to extra costs and hassle and would be a slightly different bracket design as I don't have access to a welder but would be just as solid :)

ZS 21-12-10 08:36 PM

I'd be interested... Can't seem to get hold og Nigel... :)

rakester 21-12-10 08:42 PM

Cool, I'll get this sorted for in the new year, late Jan kinda time :)

Maxfly 21-12-10 08:45 PM

Sounds good bud, is a very popular upgrade and if you can make something of the same quality all the better:)

I think Nigel can get a lot of PM's for his kits, if you have not had a reply might be best to send a polite pm asking again:)

grimmy 21-12-10 08:46 PM

might be interested in one later next year myself

Maxfly 21-12-10 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 185750)
might be interested in one later next year myself

Now have two working emergency spares Grimmy if you need one inbetween mate:)

talkingcars 21-12-10 08:59 PM

I think most of sheddists kits go to breakdowns.

Might even be worth talking to him about going into some sort of partnership.

p_b82 21-12-10 09:46 PM

I did mine with Rover 600ti parts and bike brake reservoir, had the original bracket re-done to fit the new cylinder and fancy braided pipe rather than have to worry about bending other stuff....

i suspect Sheddist would be happy to share with you or partnership if you are able to as he does have to do a 'shed load' of the things; and it might be easier than re-inventing the wheel as it were.