theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   can you guys help me? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15263)

lawrence-zs180 11-01-11 07:45 PM

can you guys help me?

im going to see george at rover mg parts uk ltd in uttoxeter tomoz am but all I have is st14 5 for his post code and I have tried to contact him but not heard anything yet... any of your guys got the full post code because its not coming up on any maps either and I could really do without trying to find where it is after driving 4 hours.
cheers
guys

ZS 11-01-11 07:51 PM

Sorry dude I can't help... no idea where he is since he moved!

I wouldn't take my car that far though :) 4 hours drive to get belts changed? wow :)

lawrence-zs180 11-01-11 07:52 PM

lol just got it off him... cheers though...
its like 650-1000 here and even with the fuel its still over a ton cheaper

ZS 11-01-11 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 (Post 188866)
lol just got it off him... cheers though...
its like 650-1000 here and even with the fuel its still over a ton cheaper

Fair enough :)

I missed out on the tools on ebay the other week... will have to see if they come up again soon :) - my other 180 will be due a belt change soon!

daytona365 11-01-11 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 (Post 188864)
im going to see george at rover mg parts uk ltd in uttoxeter tomoz am but all I have is st14 5 for his post code and I have tried to contact him but not heard anything yet... any of your guys got the full post code because its not coming up on any maps either and I could really do without trying to find where it is after driving 4 hours.
cheers
guys

I had my belts done by george..........Got his mobile if thats any good?
Whats the full postcode you got, cos he was still at his old addy when I went.

lawrence-zs180 11-01-11 10:02 PM

Yea got his mobile and new addy, can pm it to you if you want it.
Cheers guys for the help

Maxfly 11-01-11 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 188865)
Sorry dude I can't help... no idea where he is since he moved!

I wouldn't take my car that far though :) 4 hours drive to get belts changed? wow :)

lol thats the same drive myself and Kev did for ours, same with Lawrence even adding petrol it was cheaper to travel to him:D God knows what i am going to do when mine are due at the end of the year and am in inverness lol

daytona365 11-01-11 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 188881)
lol thats the same drive myself and Kev did for ours, same with Lawrence even adding petrol it was cheaper to travel to him:D God knows what i am going to do when mine are due at the end of the year and am in inverness lol

My drive was worth it, as my daughter lives round the corner. So I booked my car in for the monday and made a long wkd. Spent waiting time with my daughter, then caught local bus to go and pick it up.

He did say that he was moving from Stoke on Trent to Uttoxeter. Funny this, is thats where my Zed actually was sold brand new........

ZS 12-01-11 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 188885)
My drive was worth it, as my daughter lives round the corner. So I booked my car in for the monday and made a long wkd. Spent waiting time with my daughter, then caught local bus to go and pick it up.

See that makes more sence :)

Still if he's doing good work with the Belt changes I guess its not that bad...

fastmike 12-01-11 07:59 AM

Knowing the belts are going to be done correctly justifies the drive (IMO) And 4 hours is a nice little blast