theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should I sell or not? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19190)

Maxfly 26-11-11 10:23 PM

Should I sell or not?

Right, driving through to Elgin the day I just felt like having a change car wise. Have always liked the look of Astra VXR's and quite fancy one of them. Now this just flashed into my head, I have no idea what I could get for mine or how I would cover the rest of the money between what I would get for it and the cost of a VXR. Should I just jump and go for it or is this just a phase that will pass, brought on by useless solicitors and building society's lol. Should I think about other cars of the same ilk, but what?? Detest the focus, Volkswagen are overpriced and overrated, mazdas seem to rust quicker that a 70's lancia these days so just not sure:-/

Stephen 26-11-11 10:33 PM

Iv had that same feeling.

Dont know how many times iv been on the phone to insurance companies for quotes!.

I really want a 180, I would like an Estate. Iv been looking at Astra estates ( Ross and Susans have me thinking ). Do i get a Civic estate and have a majour project and turn it into a ZS 180 estate?

I know why iv been like this.... Being bored!

Boot Hill Bandit 26-11-11 10:41 PM

Yep it is boredom. Even myself. My advice is to think long and hard about why you are bored and what can you do to satisfy it? All cars are roughly the same size in and out so don't go changing for that reason. Set yourself projects may help?

ZS 26-11-11 10:49 PM

i sold my 180 as i thought a 75 diesel tourer would be cheaper, more practical and more reliable... how wrong was i?!? i still wish I'd kept the 180....

Ritchy 27-11-11 08:37 AM

dont like vauxhalls from a mechanics point o view

Dan1971 27-11-11 08:58 AM

From experience mate - tough it out until you know for sure.

Nothing wrong with taking a few out for a drive to see if you do like them. Trouble is that - for me anyway - once the seed of doubt is planted - the car's on it's way......

Smokey 27-11-11 09:06 AM

Ive never really had any doubts. I love the MG marque. But then work has put me off owning a focus/astra as they just don't feel special.

peterzs 27-11-11 09:26 AM

Dont do it, just the change of your life style at the moment.

Relax, chill for a bit, take the 180 for a spin up the mountains and all thoughts of a (what was it ???) a VXR!!! will be washed away.

We know they are giving 180's away at the moment, wait a year and the price will start coming back up. Future classics or just great driving cars.

Think the car deserves a good wash and polish for your horrid thoughts.

:devil::devil:

Bobdope2002 27-11-11 09:50 AM

I can see where ya coming from buddy I've had enough of mine and I desperately want a change.... but for the price it costs to run mine its just not worth changing...this month I put the grand total of £0 worth of fuel in mine

My oppinion is if you can afford change do it if not don't bother

caled 27-11-11 11:05 AM

Hopefully you've slept that daft idea off.