theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Climate control (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27815)

ZS180V6 02-05-14 09:59 AM

Climate control

My heating works but it is either hot or cold.

I.e. On max it is hot but anything below comes out cool.

This is on manual operation

Do I need to move it to another setting ?

Don't really get the auto...

Auto always seems to want to blast out...

petet16 02-05-14 10:36 AM

Not sure tbh, I usually set the temp to about 19'C, then set both functions to auto and leave it to do it's own thing, what does confuse the system is having a window open.

You can make the system do a self test by keeping the auto button pressed and turning the key to position 2, then keeping the auto button pressed let it run through it's self test, you'll hear the servos running, and various clicks, when its finished it will show any fault codes, it could be you have a sensor down perhaps.

Enright 02-05-14 10:37 AM

Have you got your original owner's handbook? The section on it is pretty good for telling you what it's supposed to do. It was a handy reference when I installed ATC in mine.

6282tom 02-05-14 10:38 AM

When you first start the car on a cool day and have the atc in auto mode at say 20C it should sit at a low speed until the engine has warmed up. It'll then ramp up the fan speed and temperate and blow hot for a few minutes until the car is at 20C. After this, it should settle down and look after it's self assuming all sensors are working properly.

It took me a while top get used to it in my mk2 180 after having a mk1.

Tom

R8NMG 02-05-14 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS180V6 (Post 337656)
My heating works but it is either hot or cold.

I.e. On max it is hot but anything below comes out cool.

This is on manual operation

Rather than have it max in manual mode, turn the fan down but regulate the hot and cold by changing the temperature.

In the winter, mine is set at 22C. Recently has been down to 20C and fan speed normally is either at 1 or 2.

ZS180V6 02-05-14 02:39 PM

Thanks for the tips...

I have the manual just being lazy...

Cheers

Craig

ZS180V6 05-05-14 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petet16 (Post 337658)
Not sure tbh, I usually set the temp to about 19'C, then set both functions to auto and leave it to do it's own thing, what does confuse the system is having a window open.

You can make the system do a self test by keeping the auto button pressed and turning the key to position 2, then keeping the auto button pressed let it run through it's self test, you'll hear the servos running, and various clicks, when its finished it will show any fault codes, it could be you have a sensor down perhaps.

Hi

Tried this and it did do various things and just continues to run.

Should it show codes and switch off ?

petet16 05-05-14 10:08 AM

It will only show codes if there are any faults, if no codes show it means the system is working properly.

talkingcars 05-05-14 11:09 AM

Set the temperature at say 20', press auto and leave it alone, it should work out the rest.

ZS180V6 05-05-14 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 337816)
Set the temperature at say 20', press auto and leave it alone, it should work out the rest.

Ok...