theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Insurance Renewal (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29245)

daytona365 10-02-15 08:57 PM

Insurance Renewal

Its that time of year again. Doesnt seem like 4 years ago I bought my baby, but it was. Anyway I digrese. Insurance renewal time.............as always I search online and my current insurers budget were the last year, so I spent the last 12 months with them.... renewal came through, the cheeky buggers printed it with the monthly fee, on the renewal. Quick x12 calulation saw it had gone up over £100...........

SO back on the net, and back with Hastings for only £196.95....thats over £125 cheaper............ why do they insist on being so expensive on renewal time??? Do these people not realise that as I bought through comparision site last time I may use one again?????

Rang them up and they couldnt match the NEW quote....so in 10 mins I have new insurance and saved myself some dosh..................................

top_man_eldo 10-02-15 09:08 PM

Same story with me the other day with Aviva. Renewal was £45 more expensive, shopped around and saved £140 for identical cover. It's a rip off, unfortunately it's the same old routine every single February.

stamford 10-02-15 09:13 PM

A very typical story this, always pays to shop around and try the companies not on comparison sites. As my mileage is now below 5k a year it fell into the classic policy with Peter Best.

Skillen 11-02-15 01:13 AM

Mines due for renewal soon. £324. Luckily I have till 7th March to shop around so I will be.
I'll probably try the forum based ones and see what they can do :)
Hopefully won't be too much with the mods On.

peterzs 11-02-15 09:17 AM

New trick is to have your card details on file and renew automatically.

Give you a weeks notice and hope you cant be bothered to shop around.

Saw that insurance companies are tightening up on paying for so called whiplash.

Fair enough if you do get injured but when they suddenly produce three "passengers" all suffering whiplash, something had to happen.

Reckon we will all get a 10% reduction because of the savings.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

ian zs180 11-02-15 05:31 PM

Mine is due on the 16th of this month the cheapest quote I got was with hastings coming in at £289 I thought yeah sounds good as my renewel with axa is £340 but then when I added what cover I get with axa to my hastings quote it works out only £325 so thought not worth the hassle moving for £15 so staying with axa for another year

MG ZS STE 11-02-15 06:53 PM

I'm with axa. When I was rear ended in 2013 they were really good in dealing with the claim. My policy is due for renewal the end of next month so will be interested to see if it goes up. It actually came down after the accident.

Sean-2k 11-02-15 08:35 PM

I renewed mine on the 8th Adrian flux quoted me 800+ so I went online and found insurance with kwikfit for 390 asked flux what was goin on and they said there no way they can compete with that price so after 6 years with flux I have changed the funny thing about it is they said I was a valuable customer and they would like me to continue my policy not valued enough that they can beat other prices

slacko 14-02-15 07:18 PM

Most insurers give a cheap quote first time round to get your business, then whack it up the following year to get their money back, if your daft enough to fall for the three card trick. Shop around, it's the only way to get a fair deal.

Skillen 02-03-15 01:00 PM

Managed to get mine for £340 through Adrian flux all mods covered On a like for like basis too.
Really helpful guy on the other end helping me out.
Don't know what they'll have to say about cams and coilovers but it's a lot better than £612 quote from comparethemarket.
Chris knott and prestige couldn't get anywhere near that price either.
Happy for another year.