theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Silver ZS 180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29396)

silver bullet 12-03-15 12:47 AM

Silver ZS 180

5 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would throw some pics of my car car, I haven't used it for 5 months so took it for a 600km round trip run to a motorsport event and put it on display. Took a few pics on my phone so thought I would share them. A friend in his '68 Cooper S came along as well which is why it's in a couple of pics. Have done a fair bit to it of late so was good to give her a run :) The last pic is it in front of my ZR track car in the same colour. Hope all you UK residents love the weather :smartass:

top_man_eldo 12-03-15 01:50 AM

Nice looking car that, they must be pretty rare over there. How much interest to they generate over there?

stamford 12-03-15 06:08 AM

What is there not to like in any of those photos!

peterzs 12-03-15 08:40 AM

ZS looks as good down there, as they do here, love the Mini Cooper as well.

Best of luck with the track car.

:):):)

adam 12-03-15 09:50 AM

Very tasty, do love them in Silver.

Stev180 12-03-15 10:47 AM

Looks very bright in Starlight Silver when the sun hits it! Looks like a great day at the show, must of been a nice drive. How is the MG market in Australia? Thanks.

Djules 12-03-15 11:39 AM

Lovely car, and nice plate as well ! :)

silver bullet 13-03-15 12:03 AM

Thanks everyone, I have had the car 6 years and still love it, just don't have enough time to get it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by top_man_eldo (Post 354884)
Nice looking car that, they must be pretty rare over there. How much interest to they generate over there?

Yeah not that many, it was one of a shipment of MG Rover cars sold here new, only a couple had the rear wing fitted from factory. I remember reading there was a second shipment on the way but MG Rover went under before it got here. I think circa 35 genuine Aussie delivered from new ZS, all 180's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stev180 (Post 354888)
Looks very bright in Starlight Silver when the sun hits it! Looks like a great day at the show, must of been a nice drive. How is the MG market in Australia? Thanks.

Yep love the colour. Looks great on a sunny day over here. All those pics are straight off my phone so it looks that good in real life. MG has a very strong following here, a strong and passionate culture that love all to do with the brand. F/TF's are extremely popular and ZT's have a good following too. Unfortunately ZR/ZS didn't get here until 6 months before MG Rover went under so not many made it onto our roads. This means very little parts/knowledge/support for ZR/ZS over here. All the better for our UK counterparts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 354887)
Very tasty, do love them in Silver.

I loved the silver so much I got a ZR for the track in the same colour :hooray:

silver bullet 13-03-15 12:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I know it's not quiet the same but a couple of pictures of the ZR. I run it in an all MG series against MG F/TF Cup cars, ZR's, MG B's, Midgets and B GT V8's.