theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thinking of selling up (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3210)

grimmy 25-02-08 06:22 PM

Thinking of selling up

Please don't flame me people but i am toying with the possibility of selling my zed mainly because i am struggling to keep it running because of fuel costs. How much do you think it is worth? it's a 54 plate xpg facelift 180 with 26000 on the clock lowered on eibachs piper stainless backbox all parts are available to turn back to standard if required.As has been said i am just considering this at the moment

Craig 25-02-08 06:26 PM

Sad news Graham! Fuel costs are getting silly now. How about swapping it for a td or a 120? Dont wana lose you from "the firm" :D Btw if your getting rid of the exhaust let me know.

grimmy 25-02-08 06:36 PM

Don't wanna do it but might have to:evilmad: problem being have no idea what i would go for would maybe consider another 120 but just can't see myself being happy with a smoker tbh either way i would still be regular on here

StevieA ZS120 25-02-08 06:38 PM

sorry to hear that buddy but i do know how you feel its still costing alot even to run a 1.4 these days hope you do the sensible thing tho

wilko66 25-02-08 06:40 PM

try and consider a 120 bud, i went from a 180 down to a 120, for the same reason. it takes a bit of getting used to but you can have just as much fun with a 120. Ask Jim he's been out in my car and was suprised how quick it is

Craig 25-02-08 06:44 PM

Plus the 120 is considered as good if not a better handling car. A nice mk2 180 kitted zs would be my choice in that situation.

wilko66 25-02-08 06:48 PM

thats my aim and i'm almost there.all the looks, some of the go, and cheaper to run. Plus with my green induction kit and xpower exhaust people think it sounds like a scooby:clap2:

stamford 25-02-08 07:53 PM

I know how you feel bud, that's why I bought a shed for work. I run up 350 miles a week to work and back, the 180 was hitting the wallet hard. Now I use it when I feel like it and save it for a Friday treat and weekends. Makes me appreciate it more. I couldn't downsize engine wise, been there before and found it a negative exercise and used just as much fuel to wind it up.

grimmy 25-02-08 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 41556)
I know how you feel bud, that's why I bought a shed for work. I run up 350 miles a week to work and back, the 180 was hitting the wallet hard. Now I use it when I feel like it and save it for a Friday treat and weekends. Makes me appreciate it more. I couldn't downsize engine wise, been there before and found it a negative exercise and used just as much fuel to wind it up.

would do the same but can't afford a shed unfortuately

Maxxed_Ross 26-02-08 05:43 AM

don't do it man! You'll regret it in the long run. As said if anything go for a 120. Sammy has proved that even the smaller engined cars can still look fantastic!