theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Does your other half moan about how you drive (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7479)

Jem 07-04-09 08:05 PM

Does your other half moan about how you drive

Kel hates it when i miss a gear,3rd gear miss 4th straight into 5th,I admit i have picked up some bad habbits over the years,I seem to be driving less and less kel drives alot.

talkingcars 07-04-09 08:12 PM

Sorry, do I understand that your "other half" moans when you block change?
And you think it is a bad habit to block change?
Block changing, done properly is the more advanced way to drive!

And to answer your question, no, my wife loves my driving, my car, her car, any car......
I can only think of a couple of times were she has been at all bothered.

stamford 07-04-09 08:12 PM

No, I never get moaned at, if I did I would drive faster ;) (within the limit of course)

Jem 07-04-09 08:17 PM

Ive allways been told skipping gears is a nono?

She has only been driving for a couple of years so she hasn't picked up any bad habbits yet.When i say moan its not really moaning just telling me off lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 98010)
No, I never get moaned at, if I did I would drive faster ;) (within the limit of course)

Along time ago this happened to me a ex was moaning at me,We had a argument so she was just trying to pee me off,So i put foot to the pedal,And i dont know how it happened i was going down a hill the car lost it and spun sideways,Aiming for a wall so i managed to turn it back on the right side of the road,But it was still at a angle i took out out three stone bins a small bench,I made a nice paint mark down the wall of a big hotel,I was lucky with that.

stevelou5 07-04-09 08:21 PM

"Does your other half moan about how you drive"

Hell yeah....lol only when I am in a hurry!!!! :-)

talkingcars 07-04-09 08:26 PM

If you reach your cruising speed in 3rd why use 4th?

We have several LGV lorries that have manual gearboxes but have computer controlled clutch and gear change, they are programmed to block change!

When slowing down you should block change, do all your braking in the gear you are in and then select the gear you need.

Jem 07-04-09 08:29 PM

Yea i know you should block change when slowing down,But never knew it was ok to do it when you are going up the gears.

I must admit i do get lazy when driving at times.

talkingcars 07-04-09 08:38 PM

Block changing up is okay, when I was a driving instructor I used to teach it to my better pupils.

Lazy is taking rounderbouts in 5th because there is so much torque to pull you through which of course I never do.........much.

shroonie29 07-04-09 09:09 PM

I block change all the time.Why use an extra gear when it isn't needed?

Shroon

afcbadam 07-04-09 09:14 PM

been a gas man im always driving a 3.3 tonne van so have picked up many bad habbits. she sometimrs tells me off...... and she hasnt even got a licence