View Single Post
Old 04-05-09, 09:13 PM   #11
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire039 View Post
tell me about it!

i was going to convert to electric, but decided i'd rather go for buckets, and an induction kit. perhaps i should convert to electric. thing is it's fairly rapid as it has no aircon, no leccy windows, no rear seats.

problem is too is that i paid too much for it, so if i sold it now i would lose a horrific amount.

part of me is now thinking i should just crack on with it. insurance is way to high for me for a 180. perhaps i should go ahead and get this induction kit and 52mm tb, and wack the buckets in to save weight, and perhaps strip out the standard carpet and line it with non sound deadened carpet.

i hate the way i always change my mind!!!

i am kind of disapointed with my xorst as well. it's okay dont get me wrong i originally wanted something quiet just a bit more beefy than standard, which is EXACTLY what the Peco is, and i was happy with it. But i think my needs have changed and i want something loud. i could always sell the backbox, keep the middle pipe and get a janspeed duplex............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ............................
Let me stop you there before you self destruct!

If you aren't after the sound of a V6...........don't bother with the 180!

The K series is quite capable.......and there are plenty of options for fitting a VVC head and ECU from a scrappy ZR, F or TF......

Another option is the Turbo.........or even a VHPD head........these are all tuning options which the V6 totally lacks.....

If you are happy with your car as a whole I wouldn't even contemplate changing it. I for one wish I had bought a Solar Red ZS120 and just put on a 180 kit and done a VVC conversion or a VHPD head.......

Now go take a sit in your car and have a think about what you want from it..........before you do anything rash!!!!

Jim