View Single Post
Old 25-05-09, 09:02 AM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Well the ZT was the MG flagship, more refined and a new model whereas the ZS is not as refined and a bit long in the tooth as it has been around a very long time. So on paper a ZT-T is worth alot more than a ZS, is there a years difference between the two? If you compare both from new and the fact yours has extras and a £2k paintjob, then there is an £8k difference between the two when bought new.

The only thing relevant here is the price for change, are you happy with the deal on the table?
We'll see what happens with regards changing. I've emailed the guy to get an idea of what he sees his car as being worth.

I get your point Stamford with regards initial costs. My car off the factory line must have been one of the most expensive made short of the V8's and SV's.

As for extras, my car's got the lot really. I said when I got it that I was impressed with the quality of the car, and how solidly it's put together. I got in it at 10.30pm after work yesterday for the drive home and it was a great run home. I was tired. I fired up the engine, turned on the xenons and HK stereo, stuck it in drive and simply cruised home.

Crazy really, but the ZS has something over it for me .... Character .... Out and out performance.

We'll see what happens, if he comes back with a tempting deal, we'd still need to get together and make sure that we were happy so we're still a long way off.

God ... I'm a nightmare !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote