View Single Post
Old 04-07-09, 08:53 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I used my current office chair chassis. Removed all the seat brackets and pushed the front and back bars right down. The next bit means making a plate up that fits across the two height bars and then bolting the old chassis to this etc. Luckily for me I had a piece of plate that was a perfect fit and had returns folded on them in order to locate the plate around the seat bars.

After sitting in it for a while this evening I definately need to do something with the seat height at the front as my feet are not touching the floor and I can feel a dead leg coming on! The old seat design was flatter whereas these come up at the front. I might be able to refit the springs and get the tilt back. It doesn't need much.

My girls love, they say it is so cool and comfy.